Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTGusto
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, React
- Currently employed as an engineer at a mid-sized Silicon Valley startup.
- Performed work that requires professional full-stack experience.
- Developed various features to support Gusto's HR tool offerings.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2018Fitbit
Technologies: Spring, Java
- Created a Java/Finagle RPC microservice that provides a devices API for clients to consume.
- Set up a pipeline that uses Apache Kafka to stream manufactured Fitbit data, track inventory, and assist the company with FDA compliance.
- Substantially developed a Java-based back end for Fitbit Versa, Ionic, Charge 2/3, Aria 2, and more.
- Was promoted from a regular software engineer to a senior position.
Front-end Engineer Intern2015 - 2015Splunk
- Created a standalone app using Backbone.js to demo components of the Splunk UI library.
- Developed a Splunk Twitter integration app that allows Splunk alerts to be tweeted or sent as a DM on Twitter; the app is currently live on Splunkbase, where it has a five-star rating and 300+ downloads.
- Wrote a trivia bot for the company Hipchat rooms in CoffeeScript.