- Senior Software DeveloperRed Deer Systems2017 - 2017
Technologies: C#, Angular, SQL Server, AWS
- Supported a rich knowledge management-and-research application for investment fund managers using C#, Angular, and SQL Server (running on an AWS platform).
- Developed a new product offering for regulatory MiFID II compliance.
- Created a proof-of-concept application for managing contractual relationships between buy- and sell-side of the investment research.
- Senior Full-Stack Developer (Contract-Based with Seven Extensions)Shawbrook Bank2013 - 2017
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI, WCF, AngularJS, Knockout.js, WPF
- Created a comprehensive secured lending platform using WCF, ASP.NET MVC, WPF, and SQL Server that generated £2B in new business in just two years and received many industry awards.
- Integrated successfully a credit search, land registry, property valuation service, bank check, and e-signature—it provided a seamless mortgage application and underwriting experience.
- Exposed the origination part of the platform through a REST API for the broker partners to use and integrate into their solutions.
- Built a universal WPF application host; including a flexible workflow framework that is currently being implemented as a base platform for all internal applications in the bank.
- Worked as a key member of the team in areas such as application performance, security, and microservices architecture.
- Senior Software Developer (Contract-Based)Argus Media2013 - 2013
- Created an enterprise search engine—bringing together data from many separate silos (using Amazon CloudSearch). Built indexers, a search website, and a search API that could be used in other applications across the company.
- Built a subscription-based real-time alert distribution service—together with desktop and mobile client applications—allowing the company to deliver instant notifications to its customers. Used AWS as a base platform, PubNub as a real-time backbone, and Adobe Air as a client-side technology.
- Defined a high-availability infrastructure for the alert delivery service.
- Built a framework for the alert distribution service client applications, that allowed for maximum code reuse and easy development of new features across all supported platforms (Windows and Mac desktops, iOS, Android).
- Senior Software Developer (Contract-Based)Concep.com2012 - 2013
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, Web API, NHibernate, Knockout.js
- Played a lead role in the transition from sales-oriented company into a product-oriented one. Designed, architected, and built the Concep Platform—a baseline set of services and infrastructure for all new and planned SaaS offerings.
- Built the first SaaS application running on the Concep Platform, called simply ALERTS—an automated content subscription and delivery system which facilitated a deep integration with the CMS systems of our clients, and personalized the delivery of updates to their customers. This application has been initially marketed to the legal services providers.
- Built a set of Web APIs, administration websites (using Bootstrap and Knockout.js), database schema, communication channels, and integration points—in order to facilitate the management and rapid development of planned SaaS applications.
- Built and led the complete development team—including recruiting, mentoring, defining best practices, introducing SCRUM development framework, and an active role in requirements gathering from the business.
- Software ConsultantInfusion Technologies2011 - 2012
Technologies: .NET, C#, WCF, Distributed Systems, Distributed Caching, Oracle
- Supported and extended CRO Titan—a strategic risk management system—used to calculate risk metrics for all trades and feed them to downstream systems at Credit Suisse investment bank.
- Extended and ultimately created a new version of Trade Service—a core component—used to fetch, correlate and enrich data from various information silos within the bank.
- Took part in a greenfield project with a goal to create a new distributed computing and caching platform to serve future expansions of the CRO Titan.
- Worked on the business-as-usual task related to improving and supporting CRO Titan.
- Worked, at Infusion Technologies, on an R&D project on the application of Microsoft Surface Hub (then: Microsoft Surface 2) and Kinect device in a business environment and as a way to engage customers in a retail space.
- Software DeveloperFreelance Work2010 - 2011
- Built a back-end for a website feedback analytics solution (http://webreep.com/).
- Created an automatic data acquisition module for a lab management and archiving startup (http://labarchives.com/).
- Built a complete software application for quality audits and analysis for a large retail network (Intermarche Poland).
- Software Architect (Contract-Based)ExpertSender.com2009 - 2010
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, C#, MSMQ, Microsoft SQL Server and SSAS, NHibernate, StructureMap
- Architected and developed a greenfield release of a SaaS email marketing automation system for a stealth-mode startup. Built a distributed, scalable architecture capable of sending millions of personalized, dynamic newsletters per day.
- Developed a market-leading recipient segmentation rule engine that combined data about recipients' demographics with past interactions analytics to deliver highly relevant and personalized content.
- Built a suite of APIs to be used by ExpertSender's customers.
- Trained and mentored a team of developers, most of whom didn't have relevant experience on the selected technology stack.
- Senior DeveloperKainos.com2008 - 2009
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server, K2 Blackpearl, SharePoint
- Architected and led the development of a SaaS platform for managing events and conferences.
- Drove the early adoption effort of ASP.NET MVC across the company. Took part in the architecture group meetings about this new technology and helped to develop best practices and guidelines.
- Worked on an early-stage proof-of-concept piece of work for a large shipping insurer that involved designing business workflows and integrating them within a SharePoint site.
- Software DeveloperFreelance Work2005 - 2008
Technologies: .NET, C#, MS SQL Server, NHibernate, Windsor IoC, Windows Forms, Web Services
- Architected and developed a point-of-sale application for a network of petrol stations. The application included modules for interfacing with various fuel pumps, pricing pylons, sales module, inventory module, and a data sync offline process for exchanging data with the head office.
- Worked on a web-based CRM built specifically for the shipowners industry. My efforts were mostly related to resolving performance issues the original team run into and to creating an offline capability for the application.
- Developed 4 starter-kit applications for Microsoft Poland with the goal to showcase and promote ASP.NET technology throughout the enthusiasts market.
- Created the initial software designs and jump-started the development of a payroll system project for a customer owning a network of restaurants in USA. After the initial phase, the project has been handed over to an offshore team which I supervised through the transition phase.
- Software DeveloperEcoWin2005 - 2005
Technologies: C#, Web Services, MSMQ, MS SQL Server
- Helped to build a high performance engine for the data integration, processing, and distribution to the company's customers through packaged time series subscriptions.
- Created from scratch a distributed and queryable cache engine—capable of serving hundreds of gigabytes of data from memory while seamlessly ingesting several millions of data points per day with near real-time availability.
- Helped to build a data engine which was one of the main selling points for the company's appeal (eventually acquired by Thomson Reuters) and has been further developed by the new owner's in-house team.
- Senior Software DeveloperProkom Software2004 - 2005
Technologies: Java, SAP Web Dynpro, ABAP
- Conducted R&D work related to evaluation and assessment of various workflow and data integration products.
- Worked on a customer management project for a customer in energy industry built using SAP Web Dynpro.
- Software DeveloperAPN Promise2001 - 2004
Technologies: ASP, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, .NET, C#, MS SQL Server, Windows Forms, Infragistics
- Started on the Microsoft development path. During my four years at APN Promise, Microsoft released the first beta version of .NET Framework, and I was lucky to become an early adopter of this technology.
- Developed, from scratch, an intranet for McCann Erickson Poland that included a complete project management workflow and assets management tools (ASP.NET and C#).
- Built from scratch, a media-buying and reach monitoring application, for McCann Erickson (WinForms, C#, Infragistics).
- Created a complete intranet application for APN Promise; including a home screen or start screen is the main screen on a mobile operating system or computer program.
- Implemented numerous improvements to the in-house-built eCommerce application and online shop; including a full integration with the back-end systems.
- Test EngineerProkom Software2000 - 2001
Technologies: DB2, IBM S/390 Mainframe, JCL Batch Language
- Worked in my first full-time job as a software test engineer. I was lucky to work at one of the largest IT projects in the world (a new, greenfield effort to develop the back-end and front-end systems to drive the freshly reformed Polish National Insurance system).
- Prepared test cases and verified output of batch-processing software on mainframe S/390. I quickly learned that I would have a lot of spare time in between new software releases so I used that time to develop a small suite of testing automation tools—way before I heard the "testing automation" term for the first time.
- Built a tool that was capable of automating most of the test case preparation work: converting input data from input formats, building JCL batch programs for the mainframe to run, and uploading the whole job to the mainframe.
- Developed my second tool that automated dumping the results from the database after the test batch completed, and presented the results in a GUI—highlighting the differences between data expected and received.
- Software DeveloperFreelance Work1997 - 2000
Technologies: Borland Delphi, HTML, Paradox Databases, Turbo Pascal
- Started doing odd jobs, as a freelance developer, for various customers in my home town while studying computer science at the Technical University of Gdansk.
- Created the first-in-Poland website for a local branch of National Archives.
- Used Delphi and Paradox database to build a library catalog and book lending application for the library at the local branch of National Archives.
- Built an order management application for a family business (Turbo Pascal, self-rolled GUI framework, and file storage engine).