Senior Scala Developer2021 - PRESENTLeadIQ
Technologies: Scala, ZIO, ZIO HTTP, Caliban, MongoDB
- Developed a project which consumed a Kafka topic with an email request. The project included throttling with feature flag settings and rotating usage of email providers.
- Developed a project with REST API and GraphQL to process incoming requests to notify data subjects at a large scale. Working on the project also included integration with external and internal services via rest/GraphQL.
- Updated older codebases for the newest library versions allowed us to integrate with projects that were already using the latest versions. Introduced zio-HTTP to the company tech stack.
Scala Developer2020 - 2021Upstart Commerce
Technologies: Scala, ZIO, Doobie, Quill, PostgreSQL, Http4s, Akka, Circe, Caliban, Back-end, SQL
- Build a REST and GraphQL service used as a CRUD application for ratings and reviews of shop items—one of my most significant projects.
- Handled customer feature requests and bug reports.
- Migrated the project libraries to the latest possible versions.
- Worked on the integration project connecting the ratings and reviews platform with other projects. This project included listening to Kafka events, propagating changes, and integrating them with the authorization service.
Full-stack Scala Developer2020 - 2020CloseKnit
Technologies: Scala, Framework7, Scala.js, React, Http4s, ZIO, Doobie, PostgreSQL, Slinky, Full-stack, Back-end, Front-end, SQL
- Generated the Scala wrap and facets code from the original Framework7 TypeScript code.
- Built the web front end using Scala.js, Framework7, and Slinky with a mobile-first approach in mind, including PWA requirements.
- Designed the PostgreSQL schema that was supposed to keep consistent user social network data.
Scala Developer2019 - 2020Chili Piper
Technologies: Scala, ZIO, PostgreSQL, Solr, MongoDB, API Integration, Back-end, SQL
- Designed and built a multitenant email inbox application presented at the Dreamforce conference, a global family reunion for stakeholders. The inbox did synchronize with Gmail email data.
- Supported all Gmail functionality within the app, with additional features such as smart search across your colleague's inboxes, live discussion and commenting on emails, real-time push notifications via WebSockets, and Salesforce integration.
- Reduced tech debt and bug fixes, working part-time on an already existing legacy revenue-generating codebase.
Scala Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019Cloudfarms
Technologies: Scala, Play, Scala.js, React, Monix, PostgreSQL, Full-stack, Back-end, Front-end, SQL
- Implemented a customizable reporting page that included integration with JasperReports Library, a Jaspersoft product that allows report generation and rendering, and D3.js on a large Scala multi-project used by many pig farms.
- Introduced Monix to the team, which improved our codebase in terms of dealing with concurrency and parallelism.
- Contributed to the project's deployment to production.
Senior Scala Developer2017 - 2018Accenture
Technologies: Scala, Apache Kafka, Slick, Play, Oracle, Back-end, SQL
- Implemented a REST API and was tasked to create a library with an Akka stream and source to consume Kafka messages. The library I built also handled special cases, including error handling and concurrency.
- Implemented an algorithm for seating groups on tables so that the number of groups split on multiple tables was minimal. For this, I used my knowledge of computer science, namely on the Least Cost Branch and Bound algorithm.
- Joined the US team and contributed to the deployment of specific versions to production.
Scala Architect Developer2015 - 2017Spring Business Accelerator
Technologies: Scala, Play, Akka, Erlang, Ejabberd, Scala.js, API Integration, Back-end
- Implemented the messaging system that allowed end-users to store, send, and retrieve messages from various independent platforms and email as part of a two-person team.
- Integrated with the Auckland Transport REST API and built a middle layer later used by the mobile clients. The middle layer acted as a nonpersistent data storage with some data tuning.
- Created a user data collection tool that made series of inquiries that the end-user could answer.
- Added a Scala.js subproject to the existing multi-project. The module allowed us to share type-safe structures between the back end and the front end and store the code under one repository.