Technical Reviewer2018 - PRESENTPackt Publishing
- Ensured that Packt Publishing produced useful, engaging, and high-quality content that the readers will love.
- Reviewed "Hands-On DevOps with Vagrant" by Alex Braunton which was released October 2018.
Freelancer2017 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: VMware, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, Linux
- Created a HTTP rev-proxy designed for microservices.
- Tuned Docker images (size, toolchain).
- Developed a self-hosted app deployment platform.
- Created the automated build for a development environment so that software developers could deploy to their lab in no time.
- Designed dozens of AWS environments.
DevOps, AWS/Aptible Specialist2019 - 2020Kindbody
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Bash, Helm, Terraform, AWS, Aptible
- Supported the development team.
- Configured the VPN with the office network.
- Configured Jenkins to meet the development team requirements.
- Migrated applications from Elastic Beanstalk to EKS.
- Rewrote the infrastructure into Terraform code.
- Prepared helm charts for our products.
- Monitored health and performance with Prometheus and Grafana.
- Implemented security best practices.
- Developed some minor hacks (i.e., implement a self-service portal for marketing people with AWS SSM).
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer2019 - 2019Dunnhumby
Technologies: Bash, Python, Terraform, GitLab, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Supported the integration of internal applications with GCP.
- Designed and supported GitLab pipelines (the build, deployment, and tests).
Linux System Administrator2019 - 2019Dunnhumby
Technologies: Grafana, Terraform, Puppet, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Provided bare-metal server administration.
- Provisioned new servers, imaging, monitoring, and other daily routines.
- Monitored and maintained daily servers, applications, and containers.
- Performed backup, file replication, and script management for servers.
- Tested and applied new software and patches.
- Collaborated with developers (support and guidance).
- Identified and solved infrastructure architectural problems.
Development Tool Administrator at Site Reliability Engineering2015 - 2017Nordea Capital Markets
- Moved the services to another data center and migrated us to a different operating system (from Windows to Linux).
- Implemented Puppet-based provisioning together with Vagrant base boxes.
- Migrated data from an embedded format to external databases.
- Added SSL and high-availability proxies in front of the application servers.
- Established a self-service web portal.
- Developed the infrastructure status page with service availability overview, outage notices, and more.
- Supported development process by creating the project, the build plan, and giving continuous integration environment examples.
- Wrote migration and deployment plans and guides.
- Supported local and remote groups of users.
Solution Integration Engineer2013 - 2015Gemalto
Technologies: Python, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Java, Bash, Linux
- Developed the solution integration plan by describing the complete hardware solution (servers, racks, firewall, and more).
- Installed and deployed the solution on hardware.
- Wrote the customer acceptance plan in collaboration with the validation team.
- Integrated and deployed the solution at the customer site within the customer infrastructure.
- Connected the solution to external flows (SMSC/GGSN, billing module, and more).
- Wrote the operation and maintenance guide which permits the transition from the project team to the support team.
- Supported a local group of developers and validators by creating the test and production environments.
Technical Consulting Engineer2012 - 2013NGE Polska
Technologies: Juniper, Cisco, VMware, Windows, Linux
- Took care of the IT infrastructure at the office.
- Analyzed the customer requirements and sales department support.
- Prepared the test environment and made technical presentations.
- Integrated and implemented a new solution.
- Created technical documentation.
- Provided internal and external customer support.
- Actively made contributions to the portfolio.
- Initiated and maintained contact with partners and suppliers.
Systems Engineer2011 - 2012Crocom Computer Systems
Technologies: Oracle, Apache, Postfix, Bash, Linux
- Took care of the IT infrastructure at the HQ.
- Provided customer support especially concerning the deployment of new systems and services.
- Reviewed and prepared the offer.