- Contract Back-end DeveloperIdeas on Canvas2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Maintain a file storage back-end for an OS X/iOS app.
- Write a mindmap document parser to support a new file format.
- Move the self-hosted server setup to a cloud platform provider.
- Contract Back-end/Web DeveloperStealth Startup2014 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby, Elixir
- Created a web back-end for resource management.
- Developed an iOS app that guide users through a work task.
- Built concurrent back-end services that distribute tasks between iOS devices.
- Contract Back-end DeveloperBoldPoker2014 - 2015
- Worked on a concurrent web server that acts as a poker dealer, shuffling and dealing cards on mobile devices.
- Contract Web DeveloperSauspiel2013 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby, CoffeeScript
- Implemented metrics tracking.
- Implemented a new payment provider.
- Added token authentication capabilities.
- Upgraded a big Rails codebase from Rails 3 to Rails 4.
- Introduced acceptance testing.
- Consulting Financial EngineerPett Franklin2010 - 2014
Technologies: VBA (required by client)
- Created a reusable model for pricing various share compensation packages with exotic payoff conditions.
- Contract Web DeveloperMuseum of Applied Arts, Vienna2013 - 2013
- Built a mobile optimized web app with geolocation capabilities.
- Web Developer (full-time)Tupalo2011 - 2013
- Maintained and improved a big Ruby on Rails codebase with 4 million visitors/month.
- Implemented business metrics tracking and A/B testing strategies.
- Refactored core parts of the codebase to allow for quicker feature development.
- Implemented and maintained Chef-based server provisioning.
- Implemented an algorithm that ranked business listings by their popularity.
- Market Risk Manager (Equities)Volksbank2010 - 2012
Technologies: VBA, Proprietary Software
- Wrote Monte Carlo simulations to calculate price and risk metrics of exotic equity derivatives.
- Automated reporting workflows.