Chief Technology Officer2014 - PRESENTSocialNature.com
- Developed SocialNature.com from the ground up, using a RESTful architecture with a central API that is consumed by multiple front-end applications.
- Implemented the front-end using a single page application approach with AngularJS, SASS, and Foundation.
- Developed the RESTful back-end API using Sails.js and PostgreSQL for data persistence.
- Architected and scaled the infrastructure through Amazon Web Services using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Conducted search engine optimization for single-page applications and adhered to the Google AJAX crawling specification with Prerender.io.
Lead Front-End Engineer2013 - 2014Electronic Arts
- Led a team of talented front-end developers and spearheaded the introduction of new technologies and testing methodologies.
- Acted as the front-end team bridge to other functional units within the EA organization, such as operations and back-end services.
- Streamlined the front-end development process by creating coding standards and implementing an effective build pipeline with Grunt across all projects.
- Developed several highly interactive and responsive game websites using the latest web technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3, SASS, and AngularJS.
- Implemented effective SEO by writing semantic HTML markup and following best practices for AJAX pages.
Full-Stack Developer2012 - 2013Payfirma
- Designed eCommerce payment processing, inventory systems, and recurring billing.
- Built RESTful web services in PHP and the Kohana framework.
- Streamlined the development and integration environments, enabling continuous integration testing and one-step deployments.
- Identified cross-browser issues and created workaround solutions.
Developer Analyst2011 - 2012TELUS
- Developed an AJAX online workstation reservation system for the mobile workforce initiative using PHP with CodeIgniter and MySQL, which has become one of the largest intranet sites at TELUS.
- Led and designed an agile PHP framework for developing quick-win internal applications.
- Interfaced with numerous teams within the company to gather business requirements for high-visibility projects.
- Introduced software engineering best practices to the team such as issue tracking, project management tools, and proper version control.
Web Developer2009 - 2011iMambo
- Responsible for creating new few features and bug fixes for the iMambo marketing management web application (written in Perl with a database running MySQL).
- Enhanced application response times by optimizing database queries and implementing more efficient algorithms for database reads/writes.
- Participated in planning for critical upgrades and feature development schedules.
- Created reusable components for the e-mailing system.
- Refactored and separated out common code into bundled libraries.
Web Developer2009 - 2009University of British Columbia
- Created a brand new website for the UBC Dairy Education Research Centre using Drupal.
- Wrote custom PHP code for creating and managing department events.
- Worked closely with the Department of Land and Food Systems and oversaw the entire process from development to deployment of the website.
- Converted wireframes created by the designer into interactive front-end code.
- Utilized various frameworks and Drupal components to create a scalable website within a tight timeline.
Environment Support2007 - 2008IBM
Technologies: Java, Struts, AIX, Perl, Linux
- Designed and implemented productivity tools for internal projects.
- Developed Java web applications to improve the integration of software builds and automation.
- Maintained and supported the network infrastructure of a large software development lab.
- Created a significant disaster recovery plan and devised a backup strategy for critical production-level servers using Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Automated existing manual tasks by writing Perl and Shell scripts.
- SocialNature (Development)https://www.socialnature.com
A word-of-mouth marketing platform for natural brands. I designed and developed the website within a tight timeline of two months, and it has since scaled to hundreds of thousands of users. Technologies used include Node.js, Sails.js, AngularJS, SASS, and PostgreSQL.
- TheSims.com (Development)http://www.thesims.com
Developed the website for the wildly popular game The Sims 4 while employed at Electronic Arts. Technologies include AngularJS, Twitter Boostrap, SASS, and PHP.
- DragonAge.com (Development)http://www.dragonage.com
Worked on the single-page website for the popular game Dragon Age: Inquisitions while employed at Electronic Arts. Technologies include AngularJS, SASS, and PHP.
- MyUBCCourses (Development)
A popular community portal for students at the University of British Columbia. The website allows users to watch for courses and get notified by e-mail and SMS when seats open up during registration period. I implemented web scrapers using PHP and the website using WordPress.
FrameworksExpress.js, Bootstrap, ZURB Foundation, Compass, AngularJS, Jasmine, Sails.js, Grails, CodeIgniter, Apache Struts, OAuth 2, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PhoneGap
Libraries/APIsjQuery UI, jQuery, Modernizr, Facebook API, Google Maps, Google API, Twilio API, Backbone.js, Lodash, Underscore.js, Node.js
ToolsBitbucket, NPM, Trello, Bower, GitHub, IntelliJ IDEA, Grunt, Gulp.js, Jira, Mongoose, Jenkins, Git, Eclipse IDE, AWS ELB, Karma, Subversion (SVN), Nginx, Sublime Text, Apache, Google Analytics
ParadigmsResponsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, Model View Controller (MVC), Scrum, REST, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Kanban, Test-driven Development (TDD)
PlatformsLinux, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS EC2, Heroku, New Relic, Android, Drupal
StorageJSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS RDS, Redis
OtherUnix Shell Scripting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2005 - 2010University of British Columbia - Vancouver, Canada