- Chief Technology Officer2014 - PRESENTSocialNature.com
- Developed SocialNature.com from the ground up, using a RESTful architecture with a central API that is consumed by multiple front-end applications.
- Implemented the front-end using a single page application approach with AngularJS, SASS, and Foundation.
- Developed the RESTful back-end API using Sails.js and PostgreSQL for data persistence.
- Architected and scaled the infrastructure through Amazon Web Services using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Conducted search engine optimization for single-page applications and adhered to the Google AJAX crawling specification with Prerender.io.
- Lead Front-End Engineer2013 - 2014Electronic Arts
- Led a team of talented front-end developers and spearheaded the introduction of new technologies and testing methodologies.
- Acted as the front-end team bridge to other functional units within the EA organization, such as operations and back-end services.
- Streamlined the front-end development process by creating coding standards and implementing an effective build pipeline with Grunt across all projects.
- Developed several highly interactive and responsive game websites using the latest web technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3, SASS, and AngularJS.
- Implemented effective SEO by writing semantic HTML markup and following best practices for AJAX pages.
- Full-Stack Developer2012 - 2013Payfirma
- Designed eCommerce payment processing, inventory systems, and recurring billing.
- Built RESTful web services in PHP and the Kohana framework.
- Streamlined the development and integration environments, enabling continuous integration testing and one-step deployments.
- Identified cross-browser issues and created workaround solutions.
- Developer Analyst2011 - 2012TELUS
- Developed an AJAX online workstation reservation system for the mobile workforce initiative using PHP with CodeIgniter and MySQL, which has become one of the largest intranet sites at TELUS.
- Led and designed an agile PHP framework for developing quick-win internal applications.
- Interfaced with numerous teams within the company to gather business requirements for high-visibility projects.
- Introduced software engineering best practices to the team such as issue tracking, project management tools, and proper version control.
- Web Developer2009 - 2011iMambo
- Responsible for creating new few features and bug fixes for the iMambo marketing management web application (written in Perl with a database running MySQL).
- Enhanced application response times by optimizing database queries and implementing more efficient algorithms for database reads/writes.
- Participated in planning for critical upgrades and feature development schedules.
- Created reusable components for the e-mailing system.
- Refactored and separated out common code into bundled libraries.
- Web Developer2009 - 2009University of British Columbia
- Created a brand new website for the UBC Dairy Education Research Centre using Drupal.
- Wrote custom PHP code for creating and managing department events.
- Worked closely with the Department of Land and Food Systems and oversaw the entire process from development to deployment of the website.
- Converted wireframes created by the designer into interactive front-end code.
- Utilized various frameworks and Drupal components to create a scalable website within a tight timeline.
- Environment Support2007 - 2008IBM
Technologies: Java, Struts, AIX, Perl, Linux
- Designed and implemented productivity tools for internal projects.
- Developed Java web applications to improve the integration of software builds and automation.
- Maintained and supported the network infrastructure of a large software development lab.
- Created a significant disaster recovery plan and devised a backup strategy for critical production-level servers using Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Automated existing manual tasks by writing Perl and Shell scripts.