Verified Expert in Engineering
Mihael has been a developer for 10+ years—with 7+ years of experience working with the .NET framework, large system integrations, and enterprise solutions for various industries. He also has a master's degree in information systems. He specializes in enterprise-level application development on the .NET platform. Mihael has worked on numerous successfully delivered projects—working on the front-end and back-end.
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), TFS, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a Radius server (VASCO) TCP client library that enables two-factor authentication for user management solutions.
Software Engineer / Expert on Authorization and Authentication in Azure
TSystems International (via Toptal)
- Designed the architecture and developed a modular SSO authentication and authorization system capable of handling complex access rights using groups, roles, and users.
- Implemented the REST API's using .NET Core 3.0 to expose the authorization system to the front-end applications and other parts of the system.
- Designed the database model for the authorization system. Implemented the database schema, authorization and reporting procedures, and functions in Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
- Designed UX wireframes for user management and oversaw front-end development based on Angular 9.
- Gathered, analyzed, and documented requirements from the customer. Designed architecture diagrams and kept up to date documentation using Azure DevOps Wiki.
- Followed Scrum methodology for software development and collaborated with an Agile product team using the latest best practices including code reviews and continuous integration via Azure DevOps.
Company in Telecommunications Industry (via Toptal)
- Designed and implemented an OTT cloud video platform. The platform enabled users to have a video on demand, live streaming, and document sharing to provide interactive training content for company employees at 700 worldwide locations.
- Developed front-end portals for client applications for video on demand, live streaming, document sharing, and administration with real-time analytics using TypeScript and Angular.
- Developed REST API's using C# and ASP.NET to expose the platform to the front-end applications, as well as WCF services to connect the system itself between various modules.
- Designed and implemented database schema, procedures, and functions for the platform using MS SQL Server. Implemented detailed reporting which provided stakeholders with information about employee training status.
- Developed a studio Windows Forms application that enabled a director to share a live stream from a camera or a presentation, communicate with the audience via Webphone, and bring up poll questions connected to the analytics.
- Integrated the platform with AWS Cloudfront and on-premise media appliances written in Node.js to enable streaming services to users based on their location.
- Implemented a service using MongoDB and ASP.NET to enable real-time messaging between users in a live session.
- Worked on an interactive map portal that displayed information about media appliance failures written in .NET Core and React.
- Set up continuous integration for the platform using Azure DevOps.
- Contributed my software engineering expertise from gathering requirements, writing technical documentation and architecture diagrams, to production deployment and product maintenance.
Software Engineer Specialist
- Researched and implemented new technologies into existing and new solutions.
- Created sophisticated and efficient back-end components for a large scale on-demand provisioning system.
- Designed and implemented reusable components that were used through many solutions in the company.
- Deployed the solutions through various test, integration, and productions environments.
- Served as a technical resource and a mentor for junior engineers.
- Gathered requirements from customers and wrote functional specifications.
- Designed, developed, and implemented web services using the .NET Windows Communication Foundation framework.
- Designed, developed, and implemented real-time web applications based on ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API.
- Worked on large infrastructure provisioning systems handling thousands of requests per day.
- Adhered to the best design patterns and practices while designing and developing solution components.
Junior Software Engineer
- Studied the requirements of the clients and specific needs of the projects.
- Developed and implemented web applications based on ASP.NET MVC.
- Designed, implemented, and customized databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Wrote unit tests using MSTest framework to ensure product quality.
- Adhered to the best standards and practices for developing .NET applications.
- Documented the design and code specifications accurately.
User Management Solution
Network Provisioning Engine
Point of Sale Solution
.NET, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), AngularJS, Angular, Entity Framework Core, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Entity Framework, Windows Forms (WinForms), React, REST APIs, Node.js, SignalR, jQuery
Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, TFS, MSTest, RabbitMQ, WebPhone, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Git
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Design Patterns, Agile, REST, Dependency Injection, Asynchronous Programming, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Waterfall Development
Amazon EC2, Azure, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Android
Microsoft SQL Server, Relational Databases, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL
Ajax, SOAP, Authorization, Authentication, Single Sign-on (SSO), Code Architecture, Code Review
Master's Degree in Information Systems
University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica - Velika Gorica, Croatia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring