Software Engineer / Expert on Authorization and Authentication in Azure2020 - 2020TSystems International (via Toptal)
Technologies: Continuous Integration (CI), Code Review, Azure DevOps, Git, Code Architecture, Agile, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), REST APIs, REST, Single Sign-on (SSO), Authentication, Authorization, Angular, Azure, C#.NET, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core
- Designed the architecture and developed a modular SSO authentication and authorization system capable of handling complex access rights using groups, roles, and users.
- Implemented the REST API's using .NET Core 3.0 to expose the authorization system to the front-end applications and other parts of the system.
- Designed the database model for the authorization system. Implemented the database schema, authorization and reporting procedures, and functions in Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
- Designed UX wireframes for user management and oversaw front-end development based on Angular 9.
- Gathered, analyzed, and documented requirements from the customer. Designed architecture diagrams and kept up to date documentation using Azure DevOps Wiki.
- Followed Scrum methodology for software development and collaborated with an Agile product team using the latest best practices including code reviews and continuous integration via Azure DevOps.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2020Company in Telecommunications Industry (via Toptal)
- Designed and implemented an OTT cloud video platform. The platform enabled users to have a video on demand, live streaming, and document sharing to provide interactive training content for company employees at 700 worldwide locations.
- Developed front-end portals for client applications for video on demand, live streaming, document sharing, and administration with real-time analytics using TypeScript and Angular.
- Developed REST API's using C# and ASP.NET to expose the platform to the front-end applications, as well as WCF services to connect the system itself between various modules.
- Designed and implemented database schema, procedures, and functions for the platform using MS SQL Server. Implemented detailed reporting which provided stakeholders with information about employee training status.
- Developed a studio Windows Forms application that enabled a director to share a live stream from a camera or a presentation, communicate with the audience via Webphone, and bring up poll questions connected to the analytics.
- Integrated the platform with AWS Cloudfront and on-premise media appliances written in Node.js to enable streaming services to users based on their location.
- Implemented a service using MongoDB and ASP.NET to enable real-time messaging between users in a live session.
- Worked on an interactive map portal that displayed information about media appliance failures written in .NET Core and React.
- Set up continuous integration for the platform using Azure DevOps.
- Contributed my software engineering expertise from gathering requirements, writing technical documentation and architecture diagrams, to production deployment and product maintenance.
Software Engineer Specialist2013 - 2017Combis
- Researched and implemented new technologies into existing and new solutions.
- Created sophisticated and efficient back-end components for a large scale on-demand provisioning system.
- Designed and implemented reusable components that were used through many solutions in the company.
- Deployed the solutions through various test, integration, and productions environments.
- Served as a technical resource and a mentor for junior engineers.
Software Engineer2010 - 2013Combis
- Gathered requirements from customers and wrote functional specifications.
- Designed, developed, and implemented web services using the .NET Windows Communication Foundation framework.
- Designed, developed, and implemented real-time web applications based on ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API.
- Worked on large infrastructure provisioning systems handling thousands of requests per day.
- Adhered to the best design patterns and practices while designing and developing solution components.
Junior Software Engineer2009 - 2010Combis
- Studied the requirements of the clients and specific needs of the projects.
- Developed and implemented web applications based on ASP.NET MVC.
- Designed, implemented, and customized databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Wrote unit tests using MSTest framework to ensure product quality.
- Adhered to the best standards and practices for developing .NET applications.
- Documented the design and code specifications accurately.