Senior DevOps Director2018 - PRESENTBrave Browser and Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Technologies: Chromium, Heroku, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Ansible, Terraform, C++, Node.js, Go, Python, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps, Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy Scripting
- Led a team distributed on three continents specializing in scaling and delivering our browser, content creator rewards platform, and private ad ecosystem to millions of users.
- Provided solutions at the intersection of large-scale crawling and scraping, machine learning, data pipelines, performance testing, privacy, and security.
- Scaled our browser and services to over 60 million users a month.
Director2015 - PRESENTHere to Optimize
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web Crawlers, Scraping, Chatbots, Terraform, Docker, Python, Linux, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps, Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy Scripting
- Provided DevOps and cloud consulting to clients in various industries.
- Offered end-to-end digital transformation services.
- Provided cultural coaching and a transformation for more agile delivery.
Solution Architect and Java Developer (Contract)2018 - 2018Policy Expert
Technologies: Micrometer, Datadog, Graphite, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS Simple Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon EC2, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, AWS SDK, Go, Python, Java 8, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy Scripting
- Implemented a flexible monitoring solution for the AWS estate.
- Researched and evaluated various monitoring solutions.
- Applied various optimizations to reduce the cloud cost.
DevOps Consultant and Python Developer (Contract)2016 - 2018Barclays Investment
Technologies: Boto 3, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), RPM, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), AWS ELB, AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), AWS CloudTrail, AWS Simple Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Lambda, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon EC2, AWS Kinesis, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Consul, Vault, Terraform, Docker, OpenShift, Windows PowerShell, Python, Linux, Enterprise, RHEL, Windows, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy Scripting
- Provided consulting for bank-wide cloud migration together with AWS Professional Services consultants.
- Designed and developed a cloud resource provisioning tool handling centralized setup, patching, upgrade, and teardown of thousands of AWS accounts.
- Led greenfield implementation of a functional infrastructure testing framework that ensures role permissions and capabilities are propagated correctly according to the compliance and security model.
- Set up continuous integration pipelines using Jenkins.
- Facilitated a cultural transformation by improving processes and aided the transition from Waterfall to Agile methodologies.
- Onboarded and mentored new and existing team members.
DevOps Systems Engineer (Contract)2016 - 2016Mergermarket Group
Technologies: MySQL, AWS SDK, AWS CLI, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Elastic File System, AWS Simple Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS IAM, Amazon Route 53, Packer, Vagrant, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Node.js, Python, Bash Script, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy Scripting
- Containerized and converted various on-premises monoliths into microservices on AWS.
- Managed and tuned Docker in production, implementing custom monitoring metrics.
- Implemented serverless Amazon ECS autoscaling based on cluster resource utilization.
- Led migration from internal Docker Registry to Amazon ECR.
- Used Ansible for rolling out updates to servers in the datacenters and AWS.
- Onboarded new colleagues and off-site team members.
- Configured Jenkins and TeamCity for continuous integration.
- Configured various policies in firewalls and proxies.
- Reduced and optimized the cloud infrastructure bills.
- Provided an on-call rotation and 24/7 production support.
Senior Platform Engineer2014 - 2015AlertMe (British Gas Connected Homes)
Technologies: RabbitMQ, KairosDB, Cassandra, MySQL, AWS SDK, AWS CLI, AWS Simple Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS IAM, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon EC2, Amazon Route 53, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), VirtualBox, Vagrant, Packer, Puppet, Ansible, Java, Ruby, Bash Script, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Jenkins Pipeline, Groovy Scripting
- Collaborated with the core team behind the largest Internet of things platform in the UK. The platform powers the Hive ecosystem of smart devices, with more than 200,000 users.
- Optimized the continuous delivery pipeline, enabling faster shipping to production, from two or three months to one week.
- Performed deployments and troubleshooting of multiple distributed components.
- Implemented remote logging and monitoring for various components, drastically simplifying debugging and allowing complex analytics.
- Introduced Ansible and used it to build an operational configuration management framework.
- Participated in the third-line production support and on-call.
- Contributed to various open-source projects on GitHub.
Continuous Delivery Engineer2011 - 2014Language Weaver (SDL)
- Owned continuous delivery, managing 120+ Jenkins projects and 40+ servers.
- Automated and improved build, release, testing, and deployment processes, leading to faster feedback and validation (up to 20x) and shorter release cycles (several weeks instead of 3–6 months).
- Designed and implemented configuration management and infrastructure monitoring solutions, which improved scalability and DevOps team productivity multiple times.
- Implemented continuous integration best practices on in-house projects, having defined standards, optimized build processes, performed test automation, implemented one-click deployment and reporting, and ensured quality tracking.
- Researched, benchmarked, and built proofs of concept on various technologies and tools.
- Led the migration from legacy technologies: Subversion to Git and Ant to Maven.
- Provided support to colleagues together with the DevOps team.
- Mentored and coached interns and other staff members.
Software Development Engineer in Test2008 - 2011Audicon
Technologies: VirtualBox, VMware ESXi, Citrix, Hyper-V, Azure Active Directory, Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Linux, Microsoft Office SDK, VBScript, Windows PowerShell, MSBuild, Visual Studio, TFS, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, ASP.NET, .NET, C#, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps, Jenkins Pipeline, Ant
- Developed a test manager and runner for black box API testing and raised code coverage to 80%.
- Implemented a flexible data generator for testing.
- Developed a tool for test data randomization and stochastic testing.
- Created an auto-deploying tool pack enabling configuration management on tens of test servers.
- Developed a web application and related scripts for collecting status and information about servers.
- Set up network monitoring with SMS alerts and automatic server shutdown in case of power outage.
- Implemented a solution for employee paperwork automation, reports, and invoice management.
- Defined storage, virtualization, and IT acquisition strategy along with managers.