DevOps Engineering Manager2018 - PRESENTBrave Browser and Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Technologies: Chromium, Heroku, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Ansible, Terraform, C++, Node.js, Go, Python
- Led a team distributed on three continents that specializes in scaling and delivering our browser, content creator rewards platform, and private ad ecosystem to millions of users.
- Provided solutions at the intersection of large-scale crawling and scraping, machine learning, data pipelines, performance testing, privacy, and security.
Director2015 - PRESENTHere to Optimize
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web Crawlers, Scraping, Chatbots, Terraform, Docker, Python, AWS, Linux
- Provided DevOps and cloud consulting to clients in various industries.
Solution Architect and Java Developer (Contract)2018 - 2018Policy Expert
Technologies: Micrometer, Datadog, Graphite, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), AWS EC2, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, AWS SDK, Go, Python, Java 8
- Implemented a flexible monitoring solution for the AWS estate.
DevOps Consultant and Python Developer (Contract)2016 - 2018Barclays Investment
Technologies: Boto 3, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), RPM, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), AWS ELB, AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), AWS CloudTrail, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Lambda, AWS CloudWatch, AWS EC2, AWS Kinesis, AWS CloudFormation, AWS S3, Consul, Vault, Terraform, Docker, OpenShift, Windows PowerShell, Python, Linux, Enterprise, RHEL, Windows
- Provided consulting for bank-wide cloud migration together with AWS Professional Services consultants.
- Designed and developed a cloud resource provisioning tool handling centralized setup, patching, upgrade, and teardown of thousands of AWS accounts.
- Led greenfield implementation of a functional infrastructure testing framework which ensures role permissions and capabilities are propagated correctly according to the compliance and security model.
- Set up continuous integration pipelines.
- Facilitated cultural transformation by improving processes and aided the transition from Waterfall to Agile methodologies.
- Onboarded new team members.
DevOps Systems Engineer (contract)2016 - 2016Mergermarket Group
Technologies: MySQL, AWS SDK, AWS CLI, AWS CloudWatch, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Lambda, AWS EC2, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Elastic File System, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, AWS S3, AWS IAM, AWS Route 53, Packer, Vagrant, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Node.js, Python, Bash Scripting, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux
- Containerized and converted various on-premises monoliths into microservices on AWS.
- Managed and tuned Docker in production, implementing custom monitoring metrics.
- Implemented serverless Amazon ECS autoscaling based on cluster resource utilization.
- Led migration from Docker Registry to Amazon ECR.
- Used Ansible for rolling out updates to servers in the datacenters and AWS.
- Onboarded new colleagues and remote teams.
- Configured Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Configured firewalls and proxies.
- Reduced and optimized cloud infrastructure bills.
- Provided on-call rotation and 24/7 production support.
Senior Platform Engineer2014 - 2015AlertMe (British Gas Connected Homes)
Technologies: Rabbit, KairosDB, Cassandra, MySQL, AWS SDK, AWS CLI, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, AWS S3, AWS IAM, AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudFormation, AWS EC2, AWS Route 53, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), VirtualBox, Vagrant, Packer, Puppet, Ansible, Java, Ruby, Bash Scripting, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux
- Collaborated with the core team behind the largest Internet of Things platform in the UK (which powers the Hive ecosystem of smart devices, with more than 200,000 users).
- Optimized the continuous delivery pipeline, enabling faster shipping to production, from 2-3 months to 1 week.
- Performed deployments and troubleshooting of multiple distributed components.
- Implemented remote logging and monitoring for various components, drastically simplifying debugging and allowing complex analytics.
- Introduced Ansible and used it to build an operational configuration management framework.
- Participated in third-line production support.
- Contributed to open-source projects on GitHub.
Continuous Delivery Engineer2011 - 2014Language Weaver (SDL)
- Owned continuous delivery, managing 120+ Jenkins projects and 40+ servers.
- Automated and improved build, release, testing, and deployment processes, leading to faster feedback and validation (up to 20x) and shorter release cycles (several weeks instead of 3-6 months).
- Designed and implemented configuration management and infrastructure monitoring solutions, which improved scalability and DevOps team productivity multiple times.
- Implemented continuous integration best practices on in-house projects having defined standards, optimized build processes, performed test automation, implemented one-click deployment, reporting, and ensured quality tracking.
- Researched, benchmarked, and built proofs of concept on various technologies and tools.
- Led migration from legacy technologies, from Subversion to Git and from Ant to Maven.
- Provided support to colleagues together with the DevOps team.
- Mentored and coached interns.
Software Development Engineer in Test2008 - 2011Audicon
Technologies: VirtualBox, VMware ESXi, Citrix, Hyper-V, Azure Active Directory, Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Linux, Microsoft Office SDK, VBScript, Windows PowerShell, MSBuild, Visual Studio, TFS, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, ASP.NET, .NET, C#
- Developed a test manager and runner for black box API testing and raised code coverage to 80%.
- Implemented a flexible data generator.
- Developed a tool for test data randomization and stochastic testing.
- Created an auto-deploying tool pack enabling configuration management on tens of test servers.
- Developed a web application and related scripts for collecting status and information about servers.
- Set up network monitoring with SMS alerts and automatic server shutdown in case of power outage.
- Implemented a solution for employee paperwork automation, reports, and invoice management.
- Defined storage, virtualization, and IT acquisition strategy along with managers.