Head Software Developer2015 - PRESENTDuck & Beaver, Inc.
- Created a new suite of intranet sites on WordPress for Lionsgate Entertainment including company blog, HR info, and Helpdesk; including building custom plugins, a custom search across all sites, and integration with MS SQL Server for custom features.
- Built a graphic and animation-intensive site as a video game teaser for Ascent Games, Mannheim.duckandbeaver.com.
- Developed a custom blog theme for health and wellness expert Shawna Bigby Davis including a custom infinite scroll mechanism and dynamic loading of additional content; Blog.shawnabigbydavis.com.
- Constructed, for Lionsgate Entertainment, a series of web-based reports which pulled data from Salesforce and converted it to PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Yahoo!
- Led a team of developers to implement new features on movies and TV sites.
- Spearheaded experimental projects such as a meme generator that extracts a frame from a video.
- Mentored junior developers and helped them to develop good programming practices.
Software Engineer2009 - 2014DreamWorks Animation
- Implemented dynamic modular code loading, so that sections of an application would not be loaded into memory until the user needed them.
- Founded a web developer interest group, made regular presentations, and coordinated presentations by other speakers.
- Constructed a tablet-based mobile app that employees could use to check lunch schedules and menus at the studio.
Senior Software Engineer2009 - 2009Ticketmaster | Echo Music
- Added additional features to the proprietary CMS used for building custom websites; used PHP for the back end.
- Developed rich user experiences using Flash on websites for the top 40 recording artists.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2009Topspin Media
- Designed and built a custom installation of WordPress to be used as an “instant website” option by client artists; installation included our custom theme as well as built-in integration with the company's proprietary tech. Used PHP and MySQL.
- Built highly customized profiles on MySpace for official reissues of Beastie Boys' classic albums, using only CSS.
Senior Software Engineer2005 - 2008Yahoo! Music
- Built a web service to scrape a web page and extract all links to playable media. Used PHP.
Software Engineer2004 - 2005Genex
- Constructed a back end for movie promotional site which allowed users to submit fan art and displayed their submissions in a gallery.
- Built back ends for various additional websites using ASP.NET and MS SQL Server.
Training Instructor2001 - 2004Learning Tree International
Technologies: MS SQL Server
- Instructed week-long training sessions for IT professionals.
- Led week-long training sessions for MS SQL Server.
- Oversaw week-long training sessions for relational database design principles.
Software Engineer2000 - 2004Independent Consultant
Technologies: Visual Basic, VB.NET, MS SQL Server
- Built a network-connected point-of-sale system for a nationwide retail chain. Stores often had only intermittent low-speed connectivity, so the system was designed to store changes locally and update to the network when available.
- Created a proof of concept for customer support decision-tree software. Support agents would ask customers a question, enter the response, and then get presented with a follow-up question which was dynamically determined based on the response.
Software Engineer1997 - 2000Coded Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: Visual Basic, MS SQL Server, Access, ASP
- Developed a type of scheduling software for a gas utility company. Used MS Access.
- Created a client-server desktop application for a medical services company. Used Visual Basic and MS SQL Server.
- Built a desktop application for American University to download and import data from handheld PDA devices into a local database, then generate reports from that data.
- Constructed a desktop application to assist staffers at a passport/visa company to manage their client information. Used Visual Basic and MS SQL Server.
- Made a widget to automatically log back into a company's local network when the connection would occasionally get dropped. Used Visual Basic and Windows API.