Verified Expert in Engineering
Mike is passionate about creating great software that meets real business needs. He has extensive industry experience ranging from tiny startups to software giants like Microsoft. Mike understands the importance of planning, prioritizing, staying on schedule, and staying within budget. Almost no challenge is too difficult when it comes to his technical ability and problem-solving skills. Mike is a self-starter and will communicate effectively with the rest of your team.
The most amazing...
...project I've built was LeadCrawl's back end, which managed millions of records efficiently with a RESTful API, SQL databases, and NoSQL data stores.
Free Digital Money
- Built a website for virtual currency marketing with millions of customers.
- Developed and designed a sophisticated back end written in C# for order processing, fraud detection, and integration with bitcoin and other currencies.
- Designed a web UI that integrates with offer partners written in ASP.NET MVC and Razor and hosted on Azure.
- Created a robust data layer to store hundreds of millions of records with a focus on performance and cost savings using a combination of SQL Server and Azure NoSQL Storage.
- Automated the development processes with Git source control, Azure DevOps continuous integration, and deployment to Azure with PowerShell scripts.
- Wore many hats from advertising to marketing, from business development to finances, and more.
Senior Software Engineer
- Handled the full-stack development on the Microsoft Store website with a focus on back-end features for storing product data from multiple sources, customizing storefronts, and providing granular security using C#, ASP.NET Core, Angular, React, and DocumentDB.
- Developed MSDN.com back-end features for retrieving, processing, and storing documentation for hundreds of Microsoft products using C# and SQL Server. Helped migrate back-end systems to the cloud into Azure.
Back-end Software Engineer
- Developed marketing lead-generation web application with a small team using C#, ASP.NET MVC, and Azure.
- Designed a sophisticated web crawler to index the technologies, services, and trackers used on millions of websites at a rate of 20,000 webpages scanned per second.
- Designed an efficient NoSQL data storage system using high-performance and low-cost Azure Storage Tables and Azure Storage Blobs.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Developed a contact-management web application with a small team.
- Constructed the back end of the web application using Ruby and MySQL.
Real Estate Tycoon
- Created an online social game on the Facebook platform with millions of players.
- Developed a web application using ASP.NET that integrates with Facebook using their Graph API.
- Handled all business and technology tasks, including the front end, back end, database, graphics, advertising, marketing, and so on.
- Developed features for the Microsoft Docs website (formerly MSDN and Technet) publishing system using C# and SQL Server.
- Built a data processing engine to submit and publish documentation content.
- Developed the Microsoft Account back-end features, client library, and internal tools using C#, web services, and SQL Server.
Free Digital Moneyhttp://freedigitalmoney.com
I designed a sophisticated back end written in C# for order processing, fraud detection, and integration with bitcoin and other currencies. I also designed a web UI that integrates with offer partners written in ASP.NET MVC and Razor and hosted on Azure. I then designed a robust data layer using SQL Server and Azure NoSQL Storage and set up Git source control, Azure DevOps continuous integration, and deployment to Azure with PowerShell scripts.
I wore many hats in this project, from advertising to marketing, business development to finances, and much more.
ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Core MVC, ADO.NET, Electron, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Razor, Windows PowerShell, Angular, .NET Core
Azure Blob Storage API, Node.js, OpenGL, React
Windows, Azure, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Table Storage, Databases, Azure Tables, Azure Blobs, Azure SQL, Azure Queue, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Git, Visual Studio, TFS, Slack, Asana, Jenkins, Apache Maven, Microsoft Teams
Azure DevOps, Microservices
Teams, Software Engineering, Algorithms, Bitcoin, DocumentDB, Facebook, WCF Web Services, Async.js, I/O, Distributed Systems, Networking, Compilers, 3D Graphics, Operating Systems
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - Champaign, IL, United States