Director | Developer2017 - PRESENTin Principle, Inc.
Technologies: Microsoft 365, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Logic Pro, Audacity, Blender 3D, C#, Unity3D
- Developed and released OVO Smash! for Steam, using Unity3D and other tools.
- Developed and released Thrusty Ship for Steam, using Unity3D.
- Taught game development at the University of Red Deer, Alberta, Canada for a one-week-long summer camp in 2019; I received great student and parent reviews.
- Created Unity3D to Steam tutorials on YouTube, the most popular tutorials on the topic by aggregate numbers, to my knowledge.
- Completed contract work for two educational games for a local Alberta client on farming equipment safety, to great client satisfaction.
User Experience Researcher (FIFA)2013 - 2017Electronic Arts
Technologies: Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, User Research, Video Game Consoles
- Organized and managed group UX research sessions, as well as one-on-one sessions. In my time at EA, I averaged 1.5 research sessions per week.
- Analyzed accrued user experience data using various statistical models and techniques for both qualitative and quantitative queries.
- Delivered PowerPoint presentations to the game design teams and producers that would explain what the user research would find on various features and improvements for the FIFA products.
- Ran UK-based playtests with hand-picked users to test the most hardcore features for the FIFA gameplay team and the FIFA ultimate team.
Localization QA Process and Tools Manager2011 - 2013Babel Media
Technologies: Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Developed tools to improve the efficiency and accuracy of localization QA effort. Notable examples include version management and comparison for localization files, with reports designed to address the differences.
- Used VBA to automate client-facing reporting with a tool that I programmed which linked database extraction, aggregated the data, parsed it in a predefined report system, then sent it to the client.
- Created an attitudinal test environment for the recruitment team specifically designed to track applications to work in localization QA. The test measured the willingness to work and competence.
Senior Localization QA Coordinator2010 - 2011Babel Media
Technologies: Microsoft 365, Databases, Jira, Video Game Consoles
- Managed the localization effort for various AAA projects and clients (all protected by NDA). This involved vetting and submitting bug reports to clients, as well as reporting on progress on a day to day basis.
- Mentored localization QA testers in many languages as well as localization QA coordinators and supervisors.
Localization QA Tester (Italian)2009 - 2010Babel Media
Technologies: Microsoft 365, Tools, Atlassian Confluence, Jira, TestTrack Pro, Video Game Consoles
- Contributed to polishing the quality of the Italian localization of major AAA titles. All titles are protected by NDA so I cannot disclose them.
- Tracked, reported, fixed, and verified bugs using various databases, depending on client, for tracking localization bugs.
- Tracked, reported, fixed, and verified console manufacturer compliance localization issues.
Functionality and Localization QA Tester (Italian)2009 - 2009Codemasters
Technologies: Jira, Microsoft Excel, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PS3, Xbox 360
- Improved the quality of the Italian localization of major AAA titles such as Overlord II, DiRT 2, and Overlord Minions.
- Tracked, reported, and verified bugs using Jira for tracking functionality and localization bugs.
- Managed all of the Italian localization efforts and related communication due to being the only Italian linguistic expert in the team.
Functionality and Localization QA Tester (Italian)2007 - 2009Rockstar Games
Technologies: Databases, Microsoft Excel, Playstation, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PS3, Xbox 360
- Polished the quality of the Italian localization of major AAA titles such as Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club: LA and Bully: Scholarship Edition.
- Tracked, reported, and verified bugs using the Rockstar proprietary databases for tracking functionality and localization bugs.
- Volunteered for many night shifts or other forms of overtime work to maximize my contribution to the projects.