HTML Developer in Houston, TX, United States
Member since September 20, 2016
Mike is a well-rounded back-end and front-end developer who has more than a decade working in the field. He is technically skilled, a fast learner, long-term oriented, very goal-oriented, and a great asset for all projects that he has been involved in. Mike knows what he is doing and how to do it well and this shows in his code (clean, well-structured) and in his professionalism.
IT Manager2017 - PRESENTDopTop, Inc.
- Built a business backbone IT operation that utilized data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Developed sophisticated tools that apply AI to predict sales and demand.
- Wrote sophisticated internal software to handle day-to-day operations.
- Built eCommerce sites and helped with increasing conversion.
- Handle online advertising campaigns and was responsible for overall marketing strategies.
Senior Web Developer2016 - 2017Vimocity
Technologies: Trellis, WordPress, Gulp
- Built from scratch a customer portal for Vimocity.
- Created competitions to help teams compete with each other in order to optimize productivity.
- Developed an app for Vimocity in the Ionic language.
- Maintained the security of the customer portal.
- Increased performance, conversion, and overall usability of the portal.
Senior Developer2014 - 2016ExtraSolid, Inc.
Technologies: Drupal, Angular, Ionic
- Developed a hybrid framework app based on Ionic. The mobile app can be exported to iOS or Android. The app can send push notifications and detect beacon signals to show custom messages to students. The app features list of different dining locations around the campus. It lets the students know which locations are opened and closed at the moment. Students are also allowed to pick their diet preferences and have their chosen dining location customize the meal for them. The app is in a contest for the best university dining app.
- Maintained the University of Massachusetts Amherst's (UMass) dining site which is based on Drupal 7. My tasks included: integrating the website with a third-party API, used the website as the API for the app, developed custom modules for Drupal, and took care of the site's security issues.
Senior Developer2014 - 2016SmartMember, Inc.
- Developed a WordPress plugin to scrape marketing emails and built a database of email swipes.
- Built a WordPress plugin that scrapes T-shirt designs and build a T-shirt design database.
- Made a WordPress plugin that manages Facebook comments on all Facebook pages including a notification of which comments are negative and positive so the client can remove the negative comments or reply to them.
- Developed a newsletter WordPress plugin. This plugin lets people subscribe to email lists. You can manage email lists, email campaign, and subscribers. This plugin has graph and charts show how many emails are sent over time and you can substitute a lot of different custom fields for dynamic data in the emails.
- Created a Facebook ads database which keeps track of current Facebook ads, new Facebook Ads, the title, description, and the tags that the ads use. The plugin serves as an ad optimization service where you can see how other people are creating their ads and be inspired from them.
- Developed a Facebook trend WordPress plugin which tells you exactly what trends are on Facebook now and tracks trends over time.
- Developed a SaaS software like Wix.com with a Laravel back-end API and AngularJS front-end. The SaaS software allows you to create a website with a custom subdomain and be hosted on the cloud. Then, you can map your domain to your site. The SaaS software lets you create static content or lessons and modules which you can sell to other people.
Junior Developer2012 - 2013iLockout, Inc.
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Joomla
- Developed a WordPress plugin that scans websites for malware and potential vulnerabilities.
- Built a lot of websites from scratch using Joomla.
- Bug-fixed websites that were affected by malware and reinstated them to Google so they can be removed from the blacklist.
Senior Developer2010 - 2012Americare Pharmacy LLC
Technologies: PHP, Magento, SEO, MS SQL, Business Intelligence
- Developed a data warehouse using MS SQL to process incoming supplier data and output importable data to online store and other online marketplaces.
- Built a BI and KPI system to analyze business data, include sales trends and potential product promotions.
- Developed an online store to sell 10,000 beauty and health products. Helped the store reached over 1,000 visitors a day within the first month and rake in $15,000 a day in sales.
- Built social media outlets for the store. Applied a lot of tactics in SEO and Google CPC ads to improve the store sales.
Junior Developer | Online Strategist2006 - 2010Traveling4Health, Inc.
Technologies: Drupal, ASP.NET, PHP
- Created a social network using PHP that is similar to CouchSurfing (Couchsurfing.com). This social network connects people that would like to travel abroad for medical treatments. It mainly targets baby boomers because of their need for less expensive and more fun medical treatments. The social network allows people to post images, blog, articles, videos, and it has a friend suggestion feature.
- Built a corporate blog using WordPress. It allows multiple authors to post different articles about their experience with traveling for medical treatments.
- Set up a Google Analytics account.
- Researched and analyzed traffic trends, visitor information, and goals in order to uncover potential site optimization tasks that we could do to increase the CTR.
FrameworksLaravel 5, Laravel, Bootstrap 3+, Ionic, AngularJS, Angular, Ionic 2
ParadigmsSearch Engine Optimization (SEO), Agile Software Development
PlatformsWordPress, Magento, WooCommerce, Joomla 3
OtherWordPress Plugins, Social Media Marketing, SaaS, Online Marketing, Semantics, WordPress Multi-user
Libraries/APIsBackbone.js, WooCommerce API, jQuery Mobile, jQuery UI, jQuery, React, AdWords API
ToolsAdobe Photoshop, Google Analytics, PhpStorm, Git, GitHub, Codeship
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2009 - 2011Washington State University - Pullman, WA, USA