Verified Expert in Engineering
Mike has spent more than a decade developing in a wide range of industries from consumer products, industrial applications, eCommerce, and many more. He's cultivated a large skill set that encompasses all aspects of modern applications and platforms. Mike is comfortable with a wide range of technologies, both the front and back end. He's also well versed in design concepts—ensuring that his products work for both the product owner and the user.
Vim Text Editor, GitHub
The most amazing...
...thing I've built was the consumer end of a major home automatic platform.
- Modernized a legacy application into separate manageable microservices.
- Developed a rule service for evaluating arbitrary data payloads in real time.
- Helped to maintain a data-driven front-end library for user-configured forms and form-based data.
- Built a data-driven schema management tool.
Care.Club (via Toptal)
- Built a custom Node.js server to extend CMS capabilities.
- Created integrations for the BigCommerce shopping platform.
- Developed stencil template extensions to enhance the user's shopping experience.
- Worked on retail shopping eCommerce iOS applications as a remote member of large development team.
- Participated in agile development processes, authored and reviewed code.
- Expanded a client application to provide a new experience for customers according to detailed design specs.
- Interacted with REST APIs and CMS content to render a data-driven experience on iOS.
- Participated in multiple design reviews to ensure that the application matched the visual spec exactly.
- Assisted other developers working on parallel aspects of the application as needed basis.
- Designed and built a platform that collected and aggregated interview data for analysis.
- Developed a sync engine between the web and iOS to provide a robust method for detecting updates during offline access to ensure data uniformity.
- Integrated audio data with multiple transcription services for processing through engines to identify trends in the data.
- Constructed the web front-end for the management of a multi-user system to deploy interviewing scripts to a remote team.
- Built an iOS application for recording user input and voice in accordance with a script—creating an interview format that can be replayed at any time for review.
Senior Product Developer
- Improved the user experience of the web-based shopping application.
- Initiated the development of a mobile-friendly version of the customer-facing sizing application.
- Conducted user interviews to identify additional product market segments.
- Managed the mentorship of new and young engineers in the program.
- Allocated the engineering groups' time and resources for all the company's technical projects.
- Helped to set and execute the direction of the engineering group for the company.
- Built a web service as a companion for iOS, Android and mobile web applications that were to be integrated with a popular home automation platform.
- Supported the research and development of a fully distributed data repository.
- Developed next-generation user interface applications for major consumer appliance manufacturers.
- Contributed and facilitated the user research for a broad spectrum of clients and industries to evaluate existing and potential products market viability.
LiftMaster MyQ Servicehttps://www.liftmaster.com/for-homes/myq-connected-home
iOS application: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myq-garage-access-control/id456282559?mt=8
Unfortunately, the application is no longer available on the iTunes store.
The interview platform was built as an iOS application utilizing technologies such as CoreData, CoreLocation, AddressBook, AVFoundation, UIKit, CoreImage, and AFNetworking.
Express.js, iOS SDK, Cocoa, UIKit, React Native, Core Data, Core Location, MapKit, Core Bluetooth
Lodash, Node.js, D3.js, React, Core Audio, jQuery, Handlebars, Underscore.js, Google Maps, Core Graphics, Core Image
Xcode, NPM, GitHub, Git, Mocha, Atom, Mongoose, Vim Text Editor, Sketch, InVision
OS X, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Bluetooth LE
User Interface (UI), Content Management Systems (CMS), Mobile Apps, Bluetooth Beacons
Agile, Testing, Interface Design
MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring