Data Engineer, Architect2013 - PRESENTCertain, Inc.
Technologies: Adobe ColdFusion, Hibernate, Java, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Worked as data lead for a Microsoft SQL Server to Postgres migration.
- Handled extensive performance tuning, including adding indices, rewriting queries, etc.
- Selected BI platform and planned migration.
- Drove ORM best practices with Hibernate developers.
- Reviewed, enhanced, and approved schema changes.
Database Architect, Senior Consultant2011 - 2013UST Global (Contracted to Intel)
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed and implemented schema changes to support a major multi-year refactoring project.
- Built a service to full-text index documents in a ~2TB custom file store.
- Built an asynchronous interface for shop floor control systems with guaranteed sequenced delivery on an SQL Server service broker. Used SQL CLR.
- Served as subject matter expert, with extensive domain knowledge of the app functionality.
- Worked as liaison between the offshore development team and onshore developers.
Data Modeler, Architect, Reporting Lead2010 - 2011Deutsche Bank
Technologies: Java, IBM Cognos, Oracle
- Managed team of 12 Oracle and Cognos developers.
- Tuned performance and built an ETL for reporting solutions.
- Conducted interviews and selected candidates.
- Reviewed and approved schema changes.
- Coordinated with middle tier developers and changed the management organization to manage projects.
DBA, Enterprise Software Engineer, Developer1999 - 2010Intel Corporation
Technologies: SAP, TIBCO, VB, C++, C#, PowerBuilder, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Worked as application infrastructure platform lead. Coordinated with IT service organizations to specify and manage around 60 servers across multiple data centers.
- Designed schema, approved changes, and led CCB meetings.
- Worked on various middleware and back-end development projects.
- Led the migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. Implemented SQL Server failover clustering.
- Designed and managed the SQL Server transactional replication environment.
- Participated in the standards building process for supply chain data. Co-authored the international standard for product data exchange.
- Built interfaces for other enterprise apps, including SAP and shop floor control systems.