Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2019Prodigy Finance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Open API, OAuth, Docker, AWS, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Oversaw the architecture and development of an OAuth OpenID Connect provider, streamlining user authorization to various Prodigy services.
- Helped other teams integrate OpenID in their apps.
- Worked with Capital Markets and built tools modeling cash flows and liabilities of warehouse facilities to enable investors to track the progress of different investment vehicles.
CTO2014 - 2017Stagelink
- Developed a tool indexing more than 30 million unique YouTube channels on a weekly basis, using a mix of API access and scraping.
- Rebuilt a legacy jQuery front end in React from scratch for both Stagelink customer-facing products; moved away from a monolithic Rails app towards API-based services.
- Implemented and optimized a show-attendance prediction algorithm designed by the company's CEO. Deployed the new code to production—increasing prediction accuracy by 15% and increasing the speed of calculation three-fold.
- Hired and led a team of six developers—performing code reviews and training sessions, having one-on-one meetings every two weeks, and mentoring junior developers.
- Designed a voting fraud detection system that analyzed tens of thousands of votes per day to identify fake users, multiple votes by the same person, and other abuses.
- Implemented an extensible payment back-end which interfaced with multiple payment providers including PAYMILL, Stripe, PayPal, SOFORT, and Wirecard.
Technical Founder2013 - 2013Stealth-Mode Startup
Technologies: Facebook API, PostgreSQL, jQuery, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built a C2C apartment rental website with deep integration with the Facebook API—including a Facebook login, automated posts to user timelines and groups, notifications, user-to-user messaging, advertising, and more.
- Developed a bot for automatically posting apartment rental offers into Facebook groups.
- Created an MVP of a B2B recommendation and reference product using jQuery, Rails, and PostgreSQL.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Digital Polsat
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a search engine for a music-streaming platform consisting of more than 15 million songs. The search engine was based on Elasticsearch and MongoDB and was deployed to a cluster of EC2 servers.
- Finetuned a search engine configuration based on artist popularity and measurements of hit/miss ratio for presented results.
- Exposed the search engine to mobile, web, and desktop applications by building a JSON-based API service in Rails.
- Implemented a recommendation service based on user preferences, content team picks, etc.
- Developed a caching-layer based on Memcached (for in-app caching) and Varnish (for page and endpoint-level caching).
Full-stack Developer2010 - 2011LiveChat
Technologies: RESTful APIs, MySQL, jQuery, PHP
- Integrated LiveChat with various third-party applications including Zendesk, Salesforce, Highrise, and Zoho to pull customer data into a chat window.
- Built an outside-facing REST API, wrote docs and sample code, helped outside developers integrate with it, and troubleshot issues.
- Created chat plugins for popular eCommerce solutions (Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, and the like).
- Developed a wizard allowing LiveChat clients to customize their chat experiences for their users by changing the color scheme for the chat window, adding pre-chat questions, and a post-chat survey.
- Built an API for an internal dashboard showing sales and usage statistics.
Software Developer2009 - 2010CCIG
- Designed and implemented a quality assurance application—including a dynamic survey generator and HTML5 audio player. I also developed a back-end service that selected a random sample from a pool of all sales calls recorded on a previous day.
- Wrote, specified, designed, and developed an applicant-tracking system according to HR department requirements.
- Migrated the internal apps from a legacy homegrown PHP framework to Symfony.