Software Engineer, Project Lead, and Platform Architect2015 - 2019Banjo
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Flink, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis, Python, Ruby, Java
- Helped lead migration away from a monolithic Ruby on Rails application to a service-oriented architecture using Kubernetes for orchestration and Kafka for a message bus.
- Led efforts to ingest public social media into a system composed of a dozen services that processed up to 5,000 messages per second.
- Helped design the next generation data ingestion system capable of ingesting and normalizing private signals from any partner, and enforcing authorization rules.
- Helped design and implement a data API capable of providing filtered streams of events to thousands of customers with under 200 milliseconds of latency and 99.9% availability.
- Led design and implementation of a rules engine to process complex rules about streams of events and send notifications to customers in real-time.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Heyzap
- Developed ad conversion rate prediction systems using Java microservices that made thousands of predictions per second and updated models online.
- Worked on a Ruby on Rails app that rendered ads with under 100 milliseconds of latency to end users and displayed dashboards to customers and internal users.
- Added modules to an iOS SDK to support mediating third-party ads and tracking internal metrics.