Full-stack Developer1999 - PRESENTRauch Communication Consultants
Technologies: WordPress, Section 508 Compliance, WCAG 2, PHP, ES5, ECMAScript (ES6), Sass, CSS, HTML5, Node.js, Apache, Bash Script, DNS, MODx, Git, Vue.js, React, Webpack, Google Maps API, Azure
- Communicated directly with the client and district staff on matters involving technical support, website administration, and editorial updates and training.
- Audited district websites for state and federal regulatory compliance, including Section508 and WCAG 2.1 level AA minimum standards for accessibility. I generated reports to the outline scope and identified violations and remediation.
- Provided high availability to clients to ensure responsiveness on urgent matters such as website issues and emergency postings.
- Created a boilerplate WordPress theme structure using Webpack and Composer that aligned with Rauch's business and coding standards to help minimize time and expense for building new websites.
- Designed and coded custom plugins, such as a board agenda management tool and a document manager to provide district staff with a better, more robust editorial experience within WordPress.
- Authored and embedded custom maps with district boundary overlay using KML and Google Maps API.
- Integrated custom weather and rainfall charts with CSV and JSON from balance hydrologic and NOAA using their respective APIs into Chart.js for presentation.
- Provided ancillary SEO and keyword analysis to help make it easier for constituents to find important pages and postings on Google and other mainstream search engines.
- Assumed a role of high trust by managing all website and related infrastructure credentials, including website hosting, backup services, and domain management.
Principal1995 - PRESENTLo9on, Inc.
- Co-produced one of the first paid subscription-based martial arts learning programs with an international reach using PHP and MySQL. The custom payment processor and the ActionScript-based media player were hosted on a leased dedicated server.
- Migrated the online learning program to Muvi's OTT video streaming platform using a custom theme based on Angular and Smarty. An improved video search functionality was developed using a home-brewed API powered by Manticore Search.
- Provided collateral media services using tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects, 3D Studio Max, and AutoCAD.
- Worked with dozens of local governments and special districts in Northern California as a webmaster, designing and maintaining websites, providing technical support and staff training, and auditing for regulatory compliance and ADA accessibility.
- Utilized early, emerging technologies such as Macromedia Flash and ActionScript, CSS, and rich media such as QuickTime video to deliver cutting-edge web solutions for clients.
- Authored a user's guide for the MODX Evolution CMS.
- Worked in cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries designing short forms, brochures, packaging, and creating corporate and product websites. Noteworthy clients: Worldwide Cosmetics, Polished Nail Systems, American Int'l, Lee Pharmaceuticals, Jessica.
Junior Engineer1990 - 1994ITT Gilfillan
Technologies: Microwave Systems Research and Design
- Assisted and contributed to the research and development of radar systems for civil and air defense under the supervision of senior-level engineers.
- Gained hands-on experience working with radio-frequency components, antennas, and waveguides.
- Contributed to hardware and software design of microcontrollers, programmable logic arrays, and embedded systems.