Package Maintainer2006 - PRESENTDebian
Technologies: .deb packaging toolchain
- Maintained a package installed on nearly all Debian and Ubuntu installations in the world (libssh2).
- Maintained several Perl module packages and Python packages.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2017Hola!
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, AngularJS, Elasticsearch
- Improved insight into performance of Hola services by adding centralized application-level logging and application-level metrics, which made it much easier to pinpoint and resolve performance problems and bugs.
- Created several internal statistical dashboards for Hola VPN.
- Created a customer-facing statistical dashboard for Hola CDN.
- Streamlined and simplified customer onboarding for Hola CDN, making the customer experience smoother.
- Introduced and promoted Slack in the company for better knowledge sharing between remote contractors and employees at HQ.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2013CFEngine
Technologies: C, Unix (Linux, *BSD, Solaris, AIX, HP/UX)
- Introduced continuous integration to the team.
- Introduced automated unit- and system-testing, tied into the CI system, which resulted in a vastly superior quality of software releases and ended the plague of regressions in every minor release.
- Migrated version control from Subversion to Git and pushed to move hosting to GitHub, which resulted in a surge of new contributors to the open source part of the product.
- Introduced a repeatable release process for the product.
- Fixed enormous amount of bugs uncovered by regular unit- and acceptance testing.
- Broke up a monolith source code into separate modules and significantly decreased the coupling of the modules.
Senior Software Engineer2004 - 2007Parallels
Technologies: Python, Perl, Unix (Linux, *BSD), SOAP
- Specified and implemented a packaging format for web applications for interoperation between hosting panels (e.g., Plesk).
- Implemented a system to transfer contents of various hosting panels to Plesk as a part of client migration procedure.
- Implemented a backup/restore system for Plesk's hosting panel.
- Specified and implemented single-sign on protocol for hosted applications in a containerized environment.