Java Developer in Solna, Sweden
Member since December 19, 2012
Mikhail has extensive experience working as a back-end programmer and has completed numerous successful projects. He has been responsible for every part of the development process, including the implementation of business logic, performance tuning, writing deployment scripts, and more.
Data Integration and Support Team Lead2013 - PRESENTRiskMatch LLC.
Technologies: Grails, Groovy, AWS
- Created a bunch of UI components and backing code for them.
Senior Software Developer2011 - 2013Agunga LLC
- Refactored a large body of obsolete code for an online gaming engine.
- Created a stress testing tool for a network that was part of an online gaming engine.
- Implemented numerous improvements to an online game back-end related to its architecture and game logic.
- Created several utility applications for maintenance of the development process.
- Created a game balance testing tool.
Senior Software Developer2010 - 2011Social Development Agency of Komi Republic, Syktyvkar city
- Created several GUI tools with data sheets, reports and an embedded database.
- Created a web application for manipulating user network profiles (Scala, Vaadin).
- Supported previously developed applications (Java, Scala).
- Developed a CRUD web application for the passport office administrative database of Ukhta city.
- Developed a consistency testing tool for the exchange file format of the Pension Fund Ministry of Komi Republic.
Software Developer2008 - 2010LLC "Magnetosoft", Syktyvkar city
Technologies: Java, Groovy, D
- Migrated system modules from web services to a messaging system.
- Took part in the creation of an authorization module written in D.
- Ported a RabbitMQ C driver to D.
- Supported various parts of a developed document flow system such as the document indexing service, data store, and document flow routing server (Java, Groovy, JSF).
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2008Social Development Agency of Komi Republic, Syktyvkar city
Technologies: Java, Groovy
- Created a reusable library for working with DBF files.
- Created several GUI applications with embedded databases.
- Set up a traffic shaping/counting system and made a web UI for the visualization of traffic consumption (FreeBSD/NetFlow/RRDtool/MySQL).
- Supported existent GUI projects written in Java and C++.
- Handled several networking administration tasks such as router setup and issue resolution with the agency's computer network.
Software Developer2004 - 2006LLC "New Technology Center", Ukhta city
Technologies: FoxPro 2.5, Visual FoxPro 7
- Created various forms and reports in Visual FoxPro 7.
- Supported accounting software for housing utility companies.
- Implemented numerous optimizations for existing company projects.
- Ported pieces of DOS software written in FoxPro 2.5 to Visual FoxPro 7.
- Created several GUI components using Win API.
- Magnetico (Development)
I participated in the development of Magnetico, a document flow system. Magnetico turned out to be a significant improvement for the business process of Mondi Syktyvkar, an uncoated fine paper plant in Syktyvkar.
- Buggy Java Code: The Top 10 Most Common Mistakes That Java Developers Make (Publication)Java, a sophisticated programming language, has been dominating a number of ecosystems for quite a while. Portability, automated garbage collection, and its gentle learning curve are some of the things that make it a great choice in software development. However, like any other programming language, it is still susceptible to developer mistakes. This article explores the top 10 common mistakes Java developers make and some ways of avoiding them.
FrameworksCircumflex, Netty, Spring, Lift
ToolsSubversion (SVN), Git, YourKit, IntelliJ IDEA, FreeMarker, Emacs, Redmine, Nginx
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Unit Testing, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
StorageMySQL, MongoDB, H2
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering2001 - 2006Management, Information, and Business Institute - Ukhta, Russia