- Java Team Lead, Head of Software Development, and Software Development ManagerNDA (U.S.-based company)2014 - 2016
- Led teams and managed development-related departments for the company, supervising over twenty people in total.
- Led a distributed team of Java software developers to develop an installable Java SIP softphone application based on an open source solution with many specific features.
- Created a software development office for the needs of the company in my local city (Tver, Russia).
- Built a team of professional, efficient, and cost-effective developers and QA engineers and managed them to produce excellent results for the company.
- Managed the client application team (local, 4 people), back-end development team (distributed, 5 people), and QA team (local, 2 people). Supervised and performed analytics, taking care of investigative tasks set by higher-level management, working out technical solutions, writing specifications, and managing tasks in JIRA, among other responsibilities.
- Freelance Java DeveloperFreelance2013 - 2014
Technologies: Java, Amazon Beanstalk (Tomcat), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache (Memcached), Apache Solr, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS, Git, Maven
- Developed a set of back-end web services (content search, selection, logging, delivery) for an ad platform based on Amazon Web Services.
- Spearheaded the development of a custom VoiP (SIP) client software.
- Built complex customizations of existing open source SIP client software according to customer needs.
- Collaborated with a small international development team.
- Head of Organizational and Information SupportChamber of Control and Accounts, Tver Region2009 - 2014
Technologies: Java, Vaadin, Spring IoC, Pentaho Mondrian (OLAP), Apache Felix (OSGI), Servlets, Hibernate, Swing, Apache POI/JXls, JavaMail
- Developed a tool set for analyzing the dynamics of changes in expenditure and income parts of the regional budget, comparing planned parameters with results of the budget execution, visualizing the budget parameters in different dimensions.
- Developed a software system for tracking control activity of the Chamber from scratch. The system supports operation of the Chamber in terms of planning and implementation of control activities, tracking the results (revealed violations, their financial estimations, etc.), automatic generation of documents, and analytical reports.
- Developed multiple small infrastructure support systems, including an application for daily tracking of personnel hours and an application for downloading and organizing emails.
- Created a new website for the Chamber (http://kspto.ru).
- Senior Java DeveloperAIM Consulting2008 - 2009
Technologies: Java, Swing, EJB, Oracle
- Contributed to the development of a Java-based document management system for a large government organization.
- Senior Java Developer and Team LeadEPAM Systems2007 - 2008
- Provided complex customization and enhancement of an Atlassian JIRA issue tracking system for the needs of the customer’s IT department (large investment bank).
- Java DeveloperStudent Program: “Google Summer of Code 2006”2006 - 2006
Technologies: Java, Apache Cayenne, Apache AXIS
- Developed SOAP-based interoperation subsystem between client- and server-side parts of the Cayenne object-relational adapter.
- Java DeveloperCentreprogrammesystm'2006 - 2006
Technologies: Java, Eclipse EMF, GEF, GMF, JADE
- Developed a UML class diagram visual editor for defining a multi-agent system domain model.
- Prototyped the integrated development environment for implementing multi-agent systems in Java.