Verified Expert in Engineering
Mikkel is a data scientist and machine learning engineer with solid competencies in both software and business acumen. He recently architected an enterprise search platform based on deep learning bought by several major Danish companies. Mikkel has also led a data science team, introducing new and innovative car insurance to the Danish market. Here he was in charge of both price estimation and risk analysis. In general, Mikkel excels at finding creative software solutions.
MacOS, Slack, Ubuntu, Email, Cloud Drive, Git, GitHub, JetBrains
The most amazing...
...machine learning model I have created decided the rollout of the 5G network in Denmark.
Lead Data Scientist
Undo Forsikringsagentur A/S
- Researched and implemented new ways to estimate collision risk for car insurance using telemetry data.
- Analyzed user behavior, pricing, and marketing initiatives to support company growth.
- Managed and supervised all in-house data analytics and modeling projects.
- Aligned key stakeholders and led projects aiming to make the company more data-driven.
- Involved in the entire data pipeline, from data modeling to client visualizations.
- Developed a custom in-house framework for ETL on top of Airflow.
- Made a Python to SQL translator to speed up data analysis projects.
- Created microservices in Node.js and Fastapi for data visualizations.
Head of Engineering
- Hired and managed a full team of back-end and front-end developers and ML engineers.
- Architected an in-house deep learning infrastructure based on Kubernetes.
- Developed a custom search platform for company intranets based on deep learning.
- Architected a multilingual text similarity model for text retrieval.
- Led the development of the client-side Electron application built with React.
- Created microservices to support the dataflow using Node.js and Python.
Denmarks Technical Universtity
- Handled half a terabyte of telemetry data, collected from overweight subjects' smartphones to estimate their activity level.
- Applied various machine learning approaches including deep learning for human activity recognition.
- Acted as a teaching assistant for both internal and external deep learning courses.
- Analyzed several Petabytes of network data to find movement patterns and other insights about the Danish population.
- Worked with Hadoop, PySpark, and Hive on both a test and production cluster.
- Supervised various in-house projects within NLP, recommendation, clustering, and deep learning.
- Handled communication with various customers and potential customers.
- Developed an in-house web crawler that continuously crawled the web for potential leads.
- Created an integration to HubSpot to provide the sales representatives with continuous leads.
- Made an in-house model for ranking leads to improve the efficiency of the sales representatives.
Fashion Image Search
City Utilisation During Yearly Festival
Few-shot Text Similarity Model for Internal Knowledge Bases
Analysis of Car Accidents in Denmark and California
Pandas, REST APIs, NumPy, React, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Node.js, Vue
Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Software Development, Data Analysis, Geospatial Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Datasets, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), APIs, Data Visualization, Distributed Systems, Web Crawlers, Data Modeling, Full-stack, Architecture, System Design, Software Design, Software Deployment, Algorithms, Search Algorithm Design, Geospatial Analytics, Sensor Fusion, Data Analytics, Time Series Analysis, Statistics, Computer Vision, Clustering
Flask, Django, Hadoop, Spark
Pytest, Git, Jupyter, Microsoft Power BI, GitHub, Apache Airflow
PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines, Apache Hive, Redis
Software Design Patterns, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Danish Technical University - Denmark
Bachelor's Degree in Software Development
IT University of Copenhagen - Denmark
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Copenhagen University - Denmark