Contractor2018 - 2019Makalu, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React Native
- Fixed bugs, added new features, and maintained MyMalls.com, a package forwarding RoR web app, with payment and shipping integrations.
- Implemented a React Native package processing app with back-end APIs to be used in a warehouse for MyMalls.
- Implemented Rock Im Park and Rock Am Ring festival apps with React Native and Redux communicating with the RoR back end.
Freelancer, Web Developer2014 - 2017Cambeo Group
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, RSpec, EC2
- Implemented various new functionalities for the company's business to business Rails app. Added a new scheduling component, quiz assignment and evaluation, and various new reports, among smaller changes.
- Added specs with reasonable coverage for the project.
- Migrated the application code from Rails 3 to Rails 4.
- Audited the project for security issues.
Vice President, Software Engineer2008 - 2014Morgan Stanely
Technologies: Ruby, C++, Python
- Volunteered to maintain Ruby within the company. Included automation of building and packaging of a Ruby interpreter for the company's own Linux distribution and proprietary distributed file system used in the firm. Customized RubyGems Hooks for the environment. Supported Ruby users asking questions on various gems and general Ruby questions.
- Implemented an automated performance measurement framework in Ruby. Executed tests in batch mode in various configurations and created visual graphs to compare latencies, CPU, and memory usage at different throughputs as well as max throughput.
- Implemented new features and performance enhancements to C++ pub/sub middleware. Developed high performance of up to around 6 million messages per second and a highly concurrent solution for exchanging market data. Suggested and implemented a new conflation algorithm to reduce memory usage and increase max throughput more than twofold.
- Created a test framework in Python for functional testing of the middleware. Allowed other teams to adopt this end-to-end framework. Added reasonable test coverage with CppUnit.
- Worked with an operation team to diagnose, debug, and troubleshoot various issues in production. Assisted with issues as they happened, including post mortem debugging, reproduction, and helping users to make better use of the product.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008LogMeIn
Technologies: C++, Objective-C
- Ported the remote access browser plugin product from Win32 to Mac.
- Debugged and fixed numerous threading issues.
- Used Ruby for build automation and code generation.
Software Engineer, Technical Lead2000 - 2006Graphisoft R&D
Technologies: C++, Cocoa, Java
- Led a group of engineers implementing significant performance optimizations to the company's desktop CAD application.
- Introduced continuous integration with continuous performance measurements.
- Supported the team on various Mac-related issues as a Mac OS expert.
- Succeeded in getting a 5 million LOC codebase to run on the Intel platform during a two-day WWDC conference announcing the switch to Intel. Planned and led the six-month project completing the port.
- Maintained the WIBU-based HW product. Introduced an SW license-based model later on.