- Freelancer, Web DeveloperCambeo Group2014 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, RSpec, EC2
- Implemented various new functionalities for the company's business to business Rails app. Added a new scheduling component, quiz assignment and evaluation, and various new reports, among smaller changes.
- Added specs with reasonable coverage for the project.
- Migrated the application code from Rails 3 to Rails 4.
- Audited the project for security issues.
- Vice President, Software EngineerMorgan Stanely2008 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby, C++, python
- Volunteered to maintain Ruby within the company. Included automation of building/packaging of a Ruby interpreter for the company's own Linux distribution and proprietary distributed file system used in the firm. Customized RubyGems Hooks for the environment. Supported Ruby users asking questions on various gems and general Ruby questions.
- Implemented an automated performance measurement framework in Ruby. Executed tests in batch mode in various configurations and created visual graphs to compare latencies, CPU and memory usage at different throughputs, and max throughput.
- Implemented new features and performance enhancements to C++ pub/sub middleware. Developed a high performance (up to ~6 million messages per second), highly concurrent solution for exchanging market data. Suggested and implemented a new conflation algorithm to reduce memory usage and increase max throughput more than twofold.
- Created a test framework in Python for functional testing of the middleware. Allowed other teams to adopt this end-to-end framework. Added reasonable test coverage with CppUnit.
- Worked with an operation team to diagnose, debug, and troubleshoot various issues in production. Assisted with issues as they happened, including post mortem debugging, reproduction, and helping users to make better use of the product.
- Software EngineerLogMeIn2007 - 2008
Technologies: C++, Objective-C
- Ported the remote access browser plugin product from Win32 to Mac.
- Debugged and fixed numerous threading issues.
- Used Ruby for build automation and code generation.
- Software Engineer, Technical LeadGraphisoft R&D2000 - 2006
Technologies: C++, Cocoa, Java
- Worked as lead engineer of a group implementing significant performance optimizations to the company's desktop CAD application.
- Introduced continuous integration with continuous performance measurements.
- Supported the team on various Mac related issues as a Mac OS expert.
- Succeeded in getting a 5 million LOC codebase to run on the Intel platform during a 2-day WWDC conference announcing the switch to Intel. Planned and led the 6 month project completing the port.
- Maintained the WIBU-based HW product. Introduced an SW license-based model later on.