Verified Expert in Engineering
Milena is a software engineering professional with a focus on back-end development. With a strong background in computer science with a master's degree from the American University of Armenia, she has a nature of a hard worker and the ability to learn and adapt to any technology required. Over the last couple of years, Milena has mainly concentrated on core back-end development with Java while leading REST API development.
IntelliJ, Perforce, Git, Apache Maven, Jira, Bugzilla, Java, REST APIs
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a dynamic REST API extension (un)loading mechanism integrated with one of the largest infrastructure monitoring platforms.
- Designed, developed, tested, and maintained the back-end part of on-premise and SaaS monitoring platforms.
- Solely redesigned, restructured, and implemented a modern REST API documentation mechanism for an infrastructure monitoring system. This project received VMware's worldwide recognition award.
- Acted as the code owner of the REST API of the same product, being responsible for code quality and reviews.
- Developed unit, functional, and end-to-end tests for various aspects of the application lifecycle.
Yahoo! - Native Advertising
- Designed and developed a REST API with Java that efficiently calculated and segmented users based on multiple criteria, metrics, and properties, resulting in enhanced data analysis capabilities and improved targeting precision in Flurry analytics.
- Expanded the metrics suite by implementing advanced calculations to provide intricate and meaningful data points for user monitoring, enabling more accurate analysis and informed decision-making.
- Resolved critical bugs in the data processing pipeline, significantly improving the reliability and performance of the system, which resulted in enhanced data accuracy and a seamless user experience.
American University of Armenia
- Held office hours and designed and graded exams and assignments.
- Helped design the course curriculum and conducted the lectures' practical parts.
Unmanned REST API Extension
Virtual Machine and Compilerhttps://github.com/mmamyan/Virtual-Assembler-Interpreter
I designed and developed this system with my university peer using mainly C++.
The simple programming language is first compiled into an assembly code which is then executed inside the virtual machine, allowing some simple debugging operations, such as step in, step out, step over, and breakpoint. The system virtualizes all significant parts of the computer infrastructure, from CPU registers to memory.
Spring, Swagger, Hibernate
REST APIs, SpringFox, Standard Template Library (STL), React
Perforce, Apache Maven, Bugzilla, Git, JetBrains, Visual Studio, IntelliJ, Apache Tomcat, Jira, Gradle
Design Patterns, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Object-oriented Design (OOD), Functional Testing, Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI)
On-premise, Relational Databases, MySQL, JSON
Data Structures, Computer Organization, Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms, Graph Theory, Mathematics, Software Architecture, Distributed Algorithms, Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Applied Statistics, SaaS, Distributed Network, Calculus, OOP Designs, SSL
Master's Degree in Computer Science
American University of Armenia - Yerevan, Armenia
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Synopsys Armenia Educational Department - Yerevan, Armenia
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems and Networks
National Polytechnic University of Armenia - Yerevan, Armenia