Tech Lead - Integration and Microservices2018 - PRESENTRoyal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Technologies: Angular, SQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, OpenShift, PCF, Docker, Apache Kafka, Spring Boot, Node.js, Java
- Designed and developed a Kafka-based ESB for a wealth management system that consolidates and enriches data from different data streams. Provided event-driven data synchronization between critical systems.
- Designed and developed myDashboard-a client management application using AngularJS, Node.js, Spring Boot, and MongoDB. Provided full-text fuzzy search and auto-complete functions to search the client profile.
- Designed and developed account and portfolio REST APIs using Node.js and Java Spring Boot to expose data in MongoDB and Elasticsearch. All APIs were containerized and deployed either on PCF or Openshift for scalability and high availability.
- Built and maintained a MongoDB cluster using on-premises Red Hat Linux servers. Set up LDAPs for user authentication and authorization. Developed multiple aggregate pipelines for data analytics and reporting.
- Built and maintained an Elasticsearch cluster. Set up Logstash for centralized logging. Created multiple dashboards in Kibana and embedded in multiple applications for business reporting.
Integration Specialist2011 - 2018Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
Technologies: IBM Db2, Message Brokers, WebSphere, Hibernate, Spring, Apache Struts, Angular, Spring Boot, Java
- Designed and developed digital document intake applications using Angular and Spring Boot. Integrated Kofax using MQ for document OCR. Collected files and saved metadata in Opentext TCM via company ESB.
- Designed and developed the company ESB system using WebSphere Message Broker (IIB). Data source and destination include FTP files, MQ, REST, SOAP, and Mainframe via CTG.
- Designed and developed eService systems, including account, claim, premium, and billing systems. Used JSP, HTML, CSS, jQuery for the front end. Spring, Struts, Hibernate, EJB, Message Broker, and DB2 for the back end.
Java Developer2008 - 2011Novator Systems, Ltd.
Technologies: Ajax, SOAP, Apache Tomcat, jQuery, CSS, HTML, JSP, Hibernate, Spring, Java
- Developed the American Express membership reward international sites. Used JSP, HTML, CSS, jQuery and AJAX for the front end, with Java, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, and MySQL for the back end.
- Developed Big Al’s online shopping website. Used JSP, HTML, CSS, jQuery and AJAX for the front end, and Java, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat and MySQL for the back end.
- Developed SOAP integration with a Lucene-based Mercardo indexing service to provide full-text fuzzy search on an eCommerce product catalog. Search functionality was provided using AJAX with JSON for the front end.