CTO | Lead Architect2015 - PRESENTUntitled Research
- Created a predictive API with Python, Flask, MongoDB, PostGres, and H2O.ai.
- Designed a desktop master data management application using C#, SQL Server, Entity Framework and DevExpress components.
- Developed a responsive Angular application for movie data.
- Created an internal toolkit based on R Server, SQL Server 2016 and H2O that enables rapid development of predictive models and collects supporting data and metadata.
- Crafted interactive noetebooks that visualized historic data for a music industry client with R Markdown, Bootstrap, Plotly, and Impala SQL.
Technical Director | Data Services2014 - 2015Coldlight | PTC
Technologies: Talend, AWS, Redshift, SQL Server, PostGres, MySQL, MongoDb, C#, Python, Java, Tableau
- Architected a database system that collected 1.1 billion+ healthcare transactions and events for 160 million individuals with Talend and Amazon Redshift.
- Created a metadata-driven feature engineering and data transformation utility capable of transforming raw data into input features for a machine learning process.
- Created several workflows in Talend that interacted with several database systems and machine learning and persist the results of machine learning processes.
- Oversaw an implementation of a Talend-based master data management solution that replaced proprietary, labor intensive solution.
- Assisted colleagues from various departments to optimize data engineering and data transformation techniques and methods.
Lead SQL Developer | Technical Data Analyst2009 - 2014Connolly (Cotiviti)
Technologies: SQL Server (Full-Stack), Pervasive Integrator, SSIS, OLAP, R, HTML, ERStudio
- Led the re-engineering effort of a 6+TB data warehouse that enhanced performance while reducing storage footprint by 20%.
- Designed a custom, data collection framework that enabled collection of previously unattainable information from 3rd party systems access with AutoIt, SQL Server, and PowerShell.
- Implemented various enhancements and optimizations to SQL based ETL processes to enhance performance and reduce processing time by 63%.
- Developed various data mining analysis of healthcare claim data aiming at identifying anomalies with SQL Server SSAS Data mining algorithms.
- Created a custom rule engine with XML based storage and SQL based execution that allowed users to create, store and execute business rules against the data warehouse and find qualifying records.
- Authored and lectured a SQL server advanced course for an internal team of SQL developers.
Software Engineer | Data Architect | Co-founder2006 - 2009KRESS, Slovakia, EU
Technologies: .NET (C#, VB), SQL Server, MySQL, MDX, OLAP, HTML, DevExpress
- Designed a custom data processing and master data management platform that integrated pharmaceutical sales, logistics and CRM data with VB.NET, DevExpress, and SQL Server.
- Led the development of a data analysis tool that allowed 400+ users to explore and visualize millions of rows of sales data offline with a proprietary ROLAP technology.
- Created a GIS-based mapping module that enabled the end users to customize maps and create and analyze sales across custom regions.
- Automated data aggregation processes used to create offline cubes with metadata driven by using VB, SQL Server, and a proprietary ROLAP engine.
IT Consultant2002 - 2009Freelance Work
Technologies: VB6, VB.NET, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Firebase, MDX, OLAP, Citrix
- Designed and implemented a production management system powered by bar code based data collection that enabled real-time insights into the production progress.
- Designed a PocketPC based app that allowed plant managers to monitor production progress in real-time from anywhere within the facility.
- Built a school management application that helped manage courses, classrooms, scheduling, billing, and reporting.
- Implemented and customized a groupware system for the knowledge base, internal scheduling, articles, and polling.