Head of Artificial Intelligence2017 - 2020RedBrain, Ltd.
Technologies: Natural Language Processing (NLP), GPT, Deep Learning, SQL, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Machine Learning, Python
- Collaborated with RedBrain's internal stakeholders to extract business requirements and translated them into practical ML projects.
- Developed several ML applications, including a daily categorization of over 40 million retail products, ML-driven web scraper, apparel image attribute extractor, product title optimization, keyword analysis, and Google Shopping performance prediction.
- Led a team of data scientists and ML engineers across a range of abilities from junior to senior.
- Started as a data engineer in RedBrain. Worked on an ETL pipeline that processed over a billion records a day, consuming data from various heterogeneous sources. Written in Go and leveraged GCP technologies, such as PubSubJS and BigTable.
Data Engineer2012 - 2017IGI, Ltd.
- Led the development of a scalable and extensible data model that offers storage support for high dimensional data.
- Liaised with strategic partners to research, scope, and develop IGI's core data management solution.
- Optimized large parts of their C# code base in terms of latency, bandwidth usage, and memory footprint.
- Led the architectural design and development for IGI's SOA-based geochemistry data management solution.
- Mentored the graduate recruits and helped them get up to speed.
Software Consultant2009 - 2011Self-employed
Technologies: MySQL, Linux, PHP, Java
- Elicited requirements from Scout 7's key stakeholders for a football scouts' reporting system. Designed and prototyped a solution using Pentaho reporting, Java Servlets, XML templates, and XML data models based on these requirements.
- Collaborated with QRKY's founder to develop a strategic development plan for the technical side of their business. This culminated in me developing a prototype social network based on an open-source framework called Elgg.
- Built a website for Commtec's freelance language translators. Worked with their founder to establish requirements for an MVP, which I then built on a LAMP stack.
- Modernized a legacy QBasic application for Master Magnets. Helped set up a migration strategy and kicked off the migration by converting several legacy algorithms into Java.