Owner, Senior Consultant, System Integrator2012 - PRESENTDruga Derivacija d.o.o.
- Developed an application using Java, SOAP, and Oracle that synchronizes data between ERP and commercial systems in a large gas distribution company.
- Developed an application that transfers measurements data from a gas measurement system to a commercial system in a large gas distribution company.
- Developed portlets for presentation of measurement data using IBM Websphere portal server, Java EE, JSF, JDBC, and Oracle.
- Developed the commercial system for a large gas distribution company, working as the application architect, senior developer, and team leader.
- Developed multiple pilot Android applications.
- Implemented statistical regression methods in PL/SQL that are used to forecast gas consumption.
- Developed a native Android application that is used as the museum’s catalog. The application is running on Android tablet OS with NFC functionality integrated, multimedia features, exhibits positioning on the museum floor sketch, and multi language support.
- Prepared and configured a Raspberry Pi for playing and looping video for the museum exhibit installation.
- Worked on a proof of concept for an image capturing and video streaming project implemented on the Rapsberry Pi with camera module on the client side and Java Spring Boot web application on the server side. Technologies/platforms used: Rapsberry Pi, GPIO, Python, Java, Spring Boot/JPA/Security, REST, AWS.
- Designed and developed a back-end module which provides a REST interface over the part of ERP database for a gas utility company.
- Designed and developed a native Android application for a gas utility company. The application is used by field workers to collect gas consumption data.
- Developed and maintained a native Android application which is used as part of an IoT platform.
- Developed a React Native application which is used as part of an IoT platform.
- Developed a Java back-end module for a startup solution related to internet security.
Expert Java Developer2015 - 2016VineLight (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot/JPA/Security, REST, OAuth2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS DynamoDB, AWS SDK for Java
- Created a data model in Dynamo DB.
- Used AWS Java SDK to work with AWS's Dynamo DB, IAM, and SES.
- Used Java and Spring framework to create a REST API around data stored in Dynamo DB.
- Configured and implemented security based on Spring security and OAuth2.
- Deployed a Java web application on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Android Developer2015 - 2015Audio Global, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Redesigned a complete UI and developed new features for this Android MP3 player application using NDK special native library, providing different tuning effects.
- Implemented in-app billing to provide a subscription model for the application.
- Published the application to the Google Play store.
- Ensured that the application was created to support a wide range of Android devices.
Senior Android Developer2015 - 2015Teracode (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, Android Annotations, Spring REST Client, Rally, GitHub
- Developed an Android application for remote controlling a robot.
- Developed user interface elements according to strict requirement specifications and Android best practices.
- Communicated with the back end via RESTful web services.
- Implemented business logic.
- Handled Agile project management with advanced usage of GitHub.
Developer2014 - 2015Templeton Mortgage (via Toptal)
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
- Fixed bugs in a custom application developed on the MS SQL platform with UI developed in MS Access.
- Added new features to the custom application developed on the MS SQL platform with UI in MS Access.
- Integrated with Google and Bing mapping services.
- Developed SQL procedures for automation of the business process.
- Optimized SQL queries.
UI Developer2014 - 2015Iddy (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, Java, Apache HTTPClient, Oracle, PHP
- Created an Android application for a gate entry proof-of-concept project.
- Integrated the application with access control and an identification system in the back end.
- Displayed patron information in a fragment-based application running on the Android tablet.
Developer2014 - 2014John Plunkett (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, MySQL, H2, Mailgun REST API, Jersey, GSON
- Created a pilot mail delivery service based on the Mailgun API service. Developed the system in Java. Used Mailgun REST API, Jersey, MySQL database, and H2 embedded database.
Senior Consultant, System Integrator, Application Developer2008 - 2012Recro-net d.o.o. Zagreb
- Developed a testing platform for the middleware for an IPTV project for a large telecom and broadband provider.
- Developed the company's parking management system.
- Integrated and administered the Compuware Agentless system that measures EUE for enterprise users.
- Integrated and administered the Compuware VSC system for per-subscriber DSL troubleshooting and service delivery monitoring.
- Developed multiple utility programs for integration of the Nagravision system (Direct-To-Home platform) with OSS/BSS systems.
- Developed the pilot application for integration with a Subscriber Management System gateway using C-based API for messaging purposes.
System Integrator, Application and System Developer, Support Engineer2002 - 2008Fornax Informatika d.o.o.
- Integrated and maintained the fault management system and network management system for a large telco provider using IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus, Netcool/Impact, Netcool/Reporter, Netcool/Webtop, and Network Node Manager.
- Oversaw the system integration project for a mobile provider using Java, LDAP, and IBM Tivoli Netcool.
- Supervised the system integration project for a telco provider, integrating their trouble ticketing system and fault management system.
- Developed many utility programs and scripts on Unix systems for automation and integration purposes.
- Integrated the reporting system system based on Crystal Reports with a web application for presentation.
Application Designer, System Designer, and Developer2000 - 2002OKIT d.o.o. Zagreb
Technologies: C/C++, Visual Basic, Crystal Reports
- Designed, developed, and implemented the database application for the trouble call system for Distribution Utility using MS Visual C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, ODBC, and Crystal Reports.
- Developed back-end PL/SQL procedures to support fault management system and to automate tasks.
- Developed a small commercial application specifically designed for companies dealing with DTP business using MS Visual Basic, MS Access, ADO, and Crystal Reports.
- Integrated the reporting system with a commercial application.
System and Database Administrator, Application Developer1998 - 2000FED d.o.o. Zagreb
Technologies: C, 4th dimension, MS Access, Oracle
- Provided system administration for the large marketing agency using MAC OS and Windows.
- Maintained the database using ACI 4th dimension and Oracle.
- Integrated data from commercial database with DTP programs (QuarkXPress) with purpose to automate newspaper page creation.
- Developed multiple small database applications in MS Access.
Application and Database Designer and Developer1994 - 1998Fotosoft d.o.o. Zagreb
Technologies: C, 4th Dimension, Clipper
- Created many utility applications in C, which are used in cartography: Geometrical transformations (2D) applied on computer images, color analysis and separation applied on color images, and different filters based on geometrical recognition with given parameters.
- Developed the complete interactive program for analysis, recognition, and vectorization of curves used in cartography.
- Designed, programmed, and implemented a database application for a large marketing agency using 4 dimensions.
- Developed an application which transforms bitmap images to security vector graphic images using C.
- Created different filters based on geometrical recognition with given parameters using C and Adobe Photoshop.