Java Developer in Zagreb, Croatia
Owner, Senior Consultant, System Integrator2012 - PRESENTDruga Derivacija d.o.o.
- Developed an application using Java, SOAP, and Oracle that synchronizes data between ERP and commercial systems in a large gas distribution company.
- Developed an application that transfers measurements data from a gas measurement system to a commercial system in a large gas distribution company.
- Developed portlets for presentation of measurement data using IBM Websphere portal server, Java EE, JSF, JDBC, and Oracle.
- Developed the commercial system for a large gas distribution company, working as the application architect, senior developer, and team leader.
- Developed multiple pilot Android applications.
- Implemented statistical regression methods in PL/SQL that are used to forecast gas consumption.
- Developed native Android application that is used as the museum’s catalog. Application is running on the Android tablet with NFC functionality integrated, multimedia features, exhibits positioning on the museum floor sketch and multi language support.
- Prepared and configured a Raspberry Pi for playing and looping video for the museum exhibit installation.
- Worked on the proof of concept for image capturing and video streaming project implemented on the Rapsberry Pi with camera module on the client side and Java Spring Boot web application on the server side. Technologies/platforms used: Rapsberry Pi, GPIO, Python, Java, Spring Boot/JPA/Security, REST, AWS.
- Designed and developed the back-end module which provides a REST interface over the part of ERP database for a gas utility company.
- Designed and developed the native Android application for a gas utility company. The application is used by field workers to collect gas consumption data.
Expert Java Developer2015 - 2016VineLight (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot/JPA/Security, REST, OAuth2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS DynamoDB, AWS SDK for Java
- Created a data model in Dynamo DB.
- Used AWS Java SDK to work with AWS's Dynamo DB, IAM, and SES.
- Used Java and Spring framework to create a REST API around data stored in Dynamo DB.
- Configured and implemented security based on Spring security and OAuth2.
- Deployed a Java web application on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Android Developer2015 - 2015Audio Global, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Redesigned a complete UI and developed new features for this Android MP3 player application using NDK special native library, providing different tuning effects.
- Implemented in-app billing to provide a subscription model for the application.
- Published the application to the Google Play store.
- Ensured that the application was created to support a wide range of Android devices.
Senior Android Developer2015 - 2015Teracode (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, Android Annotations, Spring REST Client, Rally, GitHub
- Developed an Android application for remote controlling a robot.
- Developed user interface elements according to strict requirement specifications and Android best practices.
- Communicated with the back-end via RESTful web services.
- Implemented business logic.
- Handled Agile project management with advanced usage of GitHub.
Developer2014 - 2015Templeton Mortgage (via Toptal)
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
- Fixed bugs in a custom application developed on the MS SQL platform with UI developed in MS Access.
- Added new features to the custom application developed on the MS SQL platform with UI in MS Access.
- Integrated with Google and Bing mapping services.
- Developed SQL procedures for automation of the business process.
- Optimized SQL queries.
UI Developer2014 - 2015Iddy (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, Java, Apache HTTPClient, Oracle, PHP
- Created an Android application for a gate entry proof-of-concept project.
- Integrated the application with access control and an identification system in the back-end.
- Displayed patron information in a fragment-based application running on the Android tablet.
Developer2014 - 2014John Plunkett (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, MySQL, H2, Mailgun REST API, Jersey, GSON
- Created a pilot mail delivery service based on the Mailgun API service. Developed the system in Java. Used Mailgun REST API, Jersey, MySQL database, and H2 embedded database.
Senior Consultant, System Integrator, Application Developer2008 - 2012Recro-net d.o.o. Zagreb
- Developed the testing platform for the middleware for IPTV project for a large telecom and broadband provider.
- Developed the company's parking management system.
- Integrated and administered the Compuware Agentless system that measures EUE for enterprise users.
- Integrated and administered the Compuware VSC system for per-subscriber DSL troubleshooting and service delivery monitoring.
- Developed multiple utility programs for integration of the Nagravision system (Direct-To-Home platform) with OSS/BSS systems.
- Developed the pilot application for integration with Subscriber Management System gateway using C-based API for messaging purposes.
System Integrator, Application and System Developer, Support Engineer2002 - 2008Fornax Informatika d.o.o.
- Integrated and maintained the fault management system and network management system for a large telco provider using IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus, Netcool/Impact, Netcool/Reporter, Netcool/Webtop, and Network Node Manager.
- Oversaw the system integration project for a mobile provider using Java, LDAP, and IBM Tivoli Netcool.
- Supervised the system integration project for a telco provider, integrating their trouble ticketing system and fault management system.
- Developed many utility programs and scripts on Unix systems for automation and integration purposes.
- Integrated the reporting system system based on Crystal Reports with a web application for presentation.
Application Designer, System Designer, and Developer2000 - 2002OKIT d.o.o. Zagreb
Technologies: C/C++, Visual Basic, Crystal Reports
- Designed, developed, and implemented the database application for the trouble call system for Distribution Utility using MS Visual C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, ODBC, and Crystal Reports.
- Developed back-end PL/SQL procedures to support fault management system and to automate tasks.
- Developed small commercial application specifically designed for companies dealing with DTP business using MS Visual Basic, MS Access, ADO, and Crystal Reports.
- Integrated the reporting system with commercial application.
System and Database Administrator, Application Developer1998 - 2000FED d.o.o. Zagreb
Technologies: C, 4th dimension, MS Access, Oracle
- Provided system administration for the large marketing agency using MAC OS and Windows.
- Maintained the database using ACI 4th dimension and Oracle.
- Integrated data from commercial database with DTP programs (QuarkXPress) with purpose to automate newspaper page creation.
- Developed multiple small database applications in MS Access.
Application and Database Designer and Developer1994 - 1998Fotosoft d.o.o. Zagreb
Technologies: C, 4th Dimension, Clipper
- Created many utility applications in C, which are used in cartography: Geometrical transformations (2D) applied on computer images, color analysis and separation applied on color images, and different filters based on geometrical recognition with given parameters.
- Developed the complete interactive program for analysis, recognition, and vectorization of curves used in cartography.
- Designed, programmed, and implemented a database application for a large marketing agency using 4 dimensions.
- Developed an application which transforms bitmap images to security vector graphic images using C.
- Created different filters based on geometrical recognition with given parameters using C and Adobe Photoshop.
- Enterprise Commercial System for a Gas Distribution Company (Development)
Designed and developed the Java EE based enterprise system for a large gas company. The system runs on the IBM Websphere platform with internal and external system parts. Multi-tier application architecture with Oracle database in the back-end, Hibernate in DAO layer and Spring framework as a container. The web layer is realized with Dojo framework on an internal system and ICEfaces on the external. Complex business rules and user requirements, yet short time to develop the application. All requirements satisfied completely and on time.
- Special Audio Player for Android (Development)
Developed the main GUI component for a special audio player for Android. The application was developed as the native Android application using specific libraries written in C for tuning effects.
- Intel Hex Files to Proprietary Encrypted Format (Development)
Developed program to process Intel hex files and transform them to a proprietary encrypted format. The program was written in C/C# and built for the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Android Software for Hardware-customized Phones (Development)
Developed an application used on specially hardware customized Android phones with external camera to take photos and videos and upload it automatically to server or send by email.
- Digital Image Rendering Analysis Project (Development)
Helped develop special Java software for digital map rendering analysis with two particular functions: Image comparison and pattern matching.
Tech stack: Java, PostgreSQL, PTV xMap server, Hibernate, Servlet, Maven, JUnit.
- Android Application for Museum Catalog (Development)
Native Android application that is used as the museum’s catalog. Application runs on an Android tablet with NFC functionality integrated, multimedia features, exhibits positioning on the museum floor sketch, and multi-language support.
- Back-end Module in Java (Development)
Designed and developed a module which provides a REST interface over the part of ERP database.
Tech stack: Java, Spring Boot/JPA/Security, REST, Oracle.
- Native Android Application for a Gas Utility Company (Development)
Designed and developed an application used by field workers to collect gas consumption data and to synchronize collected data with the central database.
Tech stack: Native Android, NFC, SQLite, Retrofit.
FrameworksHibernate, React Native, Spring, JavaServer Pages (JSP), JavaServer Faces, Dojo
ToolsEclipse IDE, Crystal Reports, IBM Rational, Cacti, LaTeX
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Layer Programming, Dependency Injection, Procedural Programming, Model View Controller (MVC), Unit Testing, Design Patterns, Event-driven Programming, Concurrent Programming
PlatformsJSE, NetBeans, Android, Linux, Unix, Windows, Java EE, Oracle, Raspberry Pi, MacOS, Firefox
Libraries/APIsReact Redux, JasperReports, Java Servlets, iText
StorageMySQL, Database Modeling, Oracle PL/SQL, AWS DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
OtherSOAP, Unix Shell Scripting, Mathematics, Near-field Communication (NFC), Network Programming, Ajax, Single-page Applications (SPA)
- B.Sc. degree in Applied Mathematics and Informatics1988 - 1994University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia