Verified Expert in Engineering
Moein is a software engineer with three years of experience in the industry. His work mainly focuses on developing web services using Django and Python. Moein's active toolset includes Go, Kubernetes, gRPC, Docker, Redis, PostgreSQL, and GitLab CI/CD. He has developed web services for presenting video content and ads to users.
Ubuntu, PyCharm, Slack
The most amazing...
...thing my team and I have developed is a platform similar to Netflix and HBO that has around 10 million users.
Python Web Scraper
- Built a scraper interacting with Spotify for artists, which streams data of songs in playlists, scrapes artists' information, and scrapes artists available on the roster.
- Developed a Django server along with PostgreSQL to store the data using Django ORM. Built Django commands that run cronjobs that regularly scrape the data from Spotify and keep the data up to date in the database.
- Implemented REST APIs using the Django REST framework to serve the data to the front end.
- Worked with AWS EC2 instances to develop and maintain the project and jobs.
Vista Auction LLC
- Proposed and implemented a new database design to handle the limitations of the former design. Developed new REST APIs using the Django REST framework to manage orders and employees.
- Optimized service APIs and reduced API calls to the database. Enhanced database query efficiency and improved code readability.
- Coached a junior developer, providing tips and tricks about the Django framework, writing tests, and service design best practices.
- Developed a bot that performs user-like actions on social media platforms like Reddit, Twitter, and YouTube to gain a score.
- Developed an undetected bot to pass through the most advanced bot detectors like Google and Twitter without getting a captcha or verification request.
- Achieved a captcha score of 0.7 and 0.9 for numerous Gmail accounts.
Paces AI Inc.
- Developed multiple Python scripts to scrape required data from different web pages and APIs.
- Built a multiprocess and scalable Python service backed by a cache mechanism to increase scraping speed by 100 times.
- Worked with AWS S3 buckets to upload and maintain scraped data.
- Developed and maintained several scalable systems with millions of users.
- Implemented a microservice for automating the procedure of receiving raw contents from admins and converting them to presentable models for users.
- Improved the quality of the services by applying clean code rules and writing tests as the system owner. Enhanced the response time of APIs by inspecting the queries in detail.
- Managed several content delivery networks (CDNs) and S3 buckets for media files.
- Simplified a deployment process using GitLab CI and reduced the deployment risk by providing automated tests and code linters to projects.
Video Web Service Using Django
The service had a couple of APIs to show the content and interact with users, such as the content details API that shows the metadata of movies or series. Others include a voting API, a comment API, and a Play Info API, which provides an HLS link for playing the content and available subtitles. Additionally, this web service includes metrics for tracking user interactions, like total watching time and bandwidth for different application versions. Data scientists work with these metrics to offer better suggestions and user experience.
The service used Prometheus for monitoring and alerting. There were three metrics: basic-level metrics like CPU and RAM usage, mid-level metrics like the response time and call count of APIs, and high-level metrics like the users' watch time. Using these metrics enabled them to monitor the service and get notified whenever something was wrong.
Ad Service Development Using Go
Selenium Bot Development
The bot was undetectable by the strongest bot detectors like Google or Twitter.
Django, Selenium, gRPC, Scrapy, Django REST Framework, Laravel
API Development, ArcGIS, REST APIs, Selenium Grid, Spotify API
PyCharm, Git, GitLab CI/CD, Docker Compose, GIS, Web GIS
Ubuntu, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, Redis, PostgreSQL, Database Migration
Web Scraping, Back-end, APIs, Agile Sprints, Code Review, Prometheus, CSV, Scraping, API Integration, Spotify, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Master's Degree (Ongoing) in Computer Science
University of Calgary - Calgary, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST) - Tehran, Iran
REST API Development
Advanced Python Developer