Mohammad Osama Abdelnaby
Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a back end for an Uber-like app, including the user wallet, requests, and location management, with Node.js, TypeScript, and PostgreSQL.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Added complex SQL queries to show statistics for stores with dynamic filters.
- Developed a web app showing statistics for different stores.
- Fixed bugs with old code and improved performances.
- Refactored parts of the code to use best practices and improve security concerns.
- Interviewed over 250 candidates who wanted to join Toptal network.
- Reviewed candidates' projects with different technologies on the back-end, front-end, full-stack, and mobile development.
- Assisted other screeners in reviewing other candidates' profiles.
- Developed and maintained a mobile banking app's back end using Node.js and MongoDB.
- Added unit tests with over 95% test coverage and ensured it was stable enough.
- Changed the authentication used in the app and integrated with Auth0 for better authentication.
- Worked on the back end developed in Python and Flask used to analyze the financial transactions, refactored and removed legacy code, and added features required by the system.
- Integrated with a Salesforce API to provide services for interaction between agents and end users.
- Maintained, upgraded, and improved an internal system used by the company.
- Refactored old code and improved the performance of complex queries.
- Developed the back end for an app with over 1,000 installs.
- Fixed bugs in multiple old back ends and improved performance and architecture.
- Designed and implemented a back end for a blog website that included likes, comments, and blog post management.
- Redesigned the infrastructure and architecture of an old back-end system.
Software Engineer Intern
- Attended different workshops and participated in real-life business cases regarding technologies and business analysis.
- Solved problems on different platforms, including HackerRank and Codeforces.
- Developed a management website for internal use with Java Spring Boot, MySQL, and React.
- Built and maintained back ends for over eight applications using Node.js.
- Managed a team to develop a full-fledged software application using native mobile development, Node.js, Express.js, PostgreSQL, and Firebase.
- Maintained the back end and improved performance tenfold for some endpoints.
- Developed admin web apps and management using Retool.
- Wrote automation scripts using Python to automate human work.
- Designed and overviewed the architecture of back-end systems, including database design, API design, software architecture, servers, and technologies.
- Developed over six applications for iOS using native technology.
Cloud Computing Trainee
- Created projects on IBM cloud during the cloud computing workshops.
- Experimented with cloud computing technology and specific IBM cloud services.
- Used IBM Watson, Kubernetes, Docker, and Asynchronous I/O.
Data Science and Big Data Intern
- Participated in workshops regarding big data, data science, Microsoft BI, Teradata applications, and databases.
- Implemented the final project using all skills learned.
- Presented a new solution to a data analysis problem.
As the back-end developer, I used Node.js, Express.js, and PostgreSQL for the back end and Firebase for push notifications.
I was involved in the back-end development of the app and bug fixes. I was able to fix over 95% of the bugs and improve the performance of the API by adding new features, upgrading outdated packages, fixing compatibility issues, and improving queries.
I developed the iOS app using Swift and the back end using Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB.
As the iOS and back-end developer, my task was to develop the iOS app using native technology—Swift—and the back end using Node.js and Firebase.
I used Swift as a native technology to develop the iOS app and Node.js and Firebase to develop the back end.
Bidirectional Sign Language Translation
We used different CNN, LSTM, and transformer models and preprocessing techniques with image processing. This project was implemented using Python and libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, Scikit-image, and NumPy.
Databases used: MySQL, MongoDB
Express.js, NestJS, Jest, Jasmine, Hadoop, .NET, Spring Boot, Flask
Node.js, REST APIs, React, Twilio API, SendGrid API, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Stripe, Stripe API, Flask-RESTful, FFmpeg
Cron, Prisma, Xcode, RabbitMQ, Mocha, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Watson, Scikit-image, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Auth0, GitHub, BigQuery
REST, Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Unit Testing, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, Data Science, ETL, Refactoring
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Databases, Cloud Firestore, RDBMS, DB, MySQL, Redis, Google Cloud, NoSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis Cache
Programming, Time Complexity Analysis, Firebase Cloud Functions, Back-end, APIs, Webhooks, Engineering, Software Development, Cloud Computing, Cloud, Interviewing, Task Analysis, Source Code Review, Code Review, Technical Hiring, Architecture, Cloud Infrastructure, Infrastructure, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Retool, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Analysis, Space Complexity Analysis, Big Data, Asynchronous I/O, Artificial Intelligence (AI), CI/CD Pipelines, API Connectors, TypeORM, Server Sent Events (SSE), CSV Import, Convolutional Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Communication, Interviews, User Interviews, Algorithms, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Google BigQuery, API Integration, Payment APIs, Leadership, Full-stack, Full-stack Development
Firebase, Docker, Software Design Patterns, Linux, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Kubernetes, Mailgun
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Cairo University - Cairo, Egypt
IBM Artificial Intelligence Mastery Award