Full-stack iOS Developer2012 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: iOS, SwiftUI, Flask, Airtable, Redis, iOS SDK, UIKit, Objective-C, Xcode
- Developed the official iOS app for the annual beer festival Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular (GABS) from 2012 through to the present day, originally in UIKit and Objective-C and now entirely in Swift and SwiftUI.
- Managed and deployed the back end that powers GABS including both iOS and Android versions from 2016 onwards; has adapted to changing data sources, originally WordPress, then Google Sheets, and now Airtable.
- Designed, developed, and published Roadtrip, a universal iOS app for offline maps and turn-by-turn directions with multiple stops which is no longer on the App Store.
- Developed the official iOS app for the Great Australian Beer Festival in 2013, providing on-site support and data management on the day of the event, which is no longer available on the App Store.
iOS Engineer2021 - 2021FROW Live
Technologies: iOS SDK, Swift, SwiftUI, UIKit, GraphQL, APIs, Canva, ClickUp
- Developed UI components for the iOS app FROW Live, working in an MVVM-C architecture, including developing connections to the backend GraphQL API (and occasionally debugging said API when the backend dev was on holiday).
- Tracked issues and marked progress using ClickUp, using an agile development strategy.
- Integrated designs from Canva into full SwiftUI views, including custom animations and styling.
Educational Technology Developer2009 - 2020University of New South Wales
- Did team evaluation and an adaptation to group-based projects that allowed for recognition of individual achievement based on group consensus.
- Worked on a distributed grading system that allows teachers to mark students quickly and easily on an iPad, which removed around a thousand sheets of paper from one engineering assessment.
- Built a mixed-mode examination system allowing paper exams to be quickly scanned and graded in Moodle, with a turnaround time of hours, not days. A modified version was used for home learning during the COVID-19 pandemic when the campus was closed.
- Developed a system for educators to book in one-on-one sessions with educational support staff, à la Apple's Genius Bar; built on top of Microsoft Power platform and integrated with Outlook and Teams.