Managing Director and Founder2020 - PRESENTEpisteme Ltd
Technologies: Terraform, AWS S3, Amazon EKS, AWS Lambda
- Developed a personal knowledge graph system that integrates user-written articles to each other and to external data sources such as Wikipedia. The system is written in Python and uses AWS Lambda to populate the knowledge graph based on Grakn.
- Built the software development lifecycle process using Confluence, Jira, and Gitlab.
- Developed the company product roadmap and business plan.
Vice President of Innovation2019 - 2020Eagle Genomics Ltd
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Apache Airflow, Azure Data Factory, Python 3, PyTorch, Azure, AWS
- Architected and led the development of a machine learning platform using Python, PyTorch-BigGraph, and Airflow to populate and learn from a knowledge graph.
- Architected and led porting of a high-performance cloud computing scientific pipeline from AWS to Azure for a major customer.
- Managed the technical aspects of the development of the company offering on the Azure Marketplace.
- Architected and delivered a scientific pipeline solution for a joint scientific research product, using Docker, Azure, and Python.
Lead Technical Architect2017 - 2019Eagle Genomics Ltd
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kibana, Elasticsearch, Docker Swarm, Cloudflare, Travis CI, PostgreSQL, Grakn, Python 3, REST, Microservices, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, GitHub, Terraform, AWS, Træfik, Docker, Auth0
- Designed and implemented a new development pipeline using Github, Travis, Terraform, Chef, and Docker, including all continuous delivery stages.
- Architected the e[datascientist] platform. Technologies used include AWS, Azure, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Postgres, Grakn, Python, Auth0, and Cloudflare.
- Introduced new architectural techniques including C4 architecture and Lightweight Decision Records. Trained and mentored developers in the design, implementation, and governance processes.
- Delivered a number of scientific computing projects for clients in the life sciences space, on AWS and Azure, using Python.
- Architected and led the development of integration of a legacy system in the company platform, making data accessible, using ElasticSearch and Kibana.
Infrastructure Automation Manager2015 - 2017GRC3D
Technologies: Kibana, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Icinga, Cisco, HSM, OpenIG, OpenDJ, OpenAM, Redis, Apache Tomcat, Apache, HAProxy, Python, CentOS, RHEL, Bitbucket, Atlassian Bamboo, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence
- Designed and managed the development of a continuous delivery pipeline for an access and identity management system supporting more than 4 million users.
- Built a command line tool using Ansible and Docker APIs to manage inventory, configuration, and credential development in RHEL, CentOS, and Python.
- Implemented and managed the DevOps based software development infrastructure using the Atlassian Stack: Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, and HipChat.
- Developed the logging and monitoring subsystem for the IAM solution, using ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Icinga.
Principal Consultant2013 - 2015GRC3D
- Developed an eCommerce application for a customer, including front and back-end developments and integration with PayPal and other payment gateways.
- Delivered a project to implement PCI-DSS standard in an African Clearing House, managing three developers. Installed and configured AlienVault.
- Built a cloud-based software system for managing the PCI-DSS compliance process, using Google App Engine, Cloud Datastore, and Knockout.js.
- Delivered a number of security inspections using. digital forensic tools including AccessData FTK and Encase Forensic.
GSK Research Associate2009 - 2010University of Sheffield
Technologies: C, Cython, SciPy, NumPy, Python
- Developed a decision support system using Python, Numpy, Scipy, and the Daylight toolkit, with optimization performed via Cython and C.
- Delivered research, with publication, in an EPSRC/GSK funded project "Array Design for Lead Optimisation in Pharmaceutical Research," a joint venture between the university and GlaxoSmithKline.
- Developed a machine learning algorithm for fast nearest neighbor identification.