Lead React Native Developer2020 - 2020Bluefever (via Toptal)
Technologies: Cloud Firestore, Firebase Cloud Functions, Firebase, Closure Stylesheets, TypeScript, React Native
- Built a React Native-based social media application similar to Quora but with additional features targeting female teenagers.
- Implemented online members feature using Firebase Firestore and cloud functions.
- Added Firebase push notification for real time updates.
- Added feature to Blacklist, Flag, and Mark as 18+ feature on user responses.
- Built the custom UI components using EStylesheets to be used within the app, so that the APP is compatible across multiple devices of different size.
- Deployed the application on a test flight in the App Store for the test users and later rolled out to public users.
Senior React Native Developer2019 - 2019Signs365 (via Toptal)
Technologies: React Native Bridge, Expo, TypeScript, PushKit, Closure Stylesheets, React Native
- Led the team to build the Employee Employer app for a job posting and applying to an available job in React Native.
- Integrated a video recorder and playback feature to facilitate video introductions by the candidate.
- Integrated PushKit for chat notifications.
- Added EStyleSheet for a responsive UI across multiple devices on Android and iOS.
- Wrote Bridge to integrate a third-party library for an internal SDK.
- Integrated Firebase Crashlytics for crash monitoring on production.
- Helped the team to migrate an app from Expo to Expo Eject version that enabled us to use a native module and write our own React Native bridge.
Lead App Developer2015 - 2019Oyo Rooms
Technologies: Nest, TypeScript, React Native, ECMAScript (ES6), Node.js
- Led a team in the development of Oyo's partner app (React Native). The app was used for the management of orders and inventory, supported ticket monitoring, and dynamic price management.
- Integrated a React video player in the app to live-stream the Oyo campaign, Oyo ads, offerings to partners, and so that it could be plugged into TV on reception.
- Integrated a Web RTC player in React Native for the live stream of CCTV footages, attached to Oyo hub in the partner hotel. This was super beneficial for the owners to watch and maintain their property remotely.
- Integrated Zendesk support in Oyo's partner app; this was to manage any complaint tickets raised by past or present hotel occupants.
- Worked closely with UI/UX design team to build some of the UI components in Zeplin and InVision; these were later integrated into the app.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2016Ixigo
Technologies: Material-UI, Sass, Redux, React, ECMAScript (ES6), Java, Node.js
- Built an IRCTC library for Ixigo in Node.js to query multiple sets of data from the Indian railway's server. It was optimized to handle various scenarios including downtime handling, caching data, and API throttling.
- Worked on Ixigo's React web app; specifically integrated the front end for the IRCTC module and built some of the animated and complex UI components.
- Developed the Ixigo Alpha version of the React Native app with a railways module.
- Wrote React Native bridges for some of the Android components which aren't really supported in React Native out-of-the-box (Android).
- Drew real-time analytics on the data from Indian railways and built a reservation confirmation engine, that calculates the probability of a confirmed ticket.
Client Software Engineer2014 - 2015Appster (Client Project)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Test-driven Development (TDD), OAuth, Angular, Node.js
- Built a user module's microservice in Node.js to hold user information, team associations, and role hierarchy.
- Integrated an OAuth 2 authentication layer to provide a single sign-on API and endpoint for validation.
- Developed the front end for services to get sign-in access from the user module, similar to a single sign-on provided by Facebook or Google.
- Implemented a pub/sub model for a user module to provide continuous streaming of data/changes occurring on the user module from a different source.
- Created a complex user permission module (based on role hierarchy access) and a separate voting-based approach for validating any critical updates/creates in the system.
Full-stack Developer2011 - 2015Appster
- Built an eCommerce back end in Python using Django and Flask; also integrated it with a PostgreSQL database.
- Created the front end for an eCommerce site in Angular.
- Built a React web app using Redux; also built a custom loading button.
- Constructed a REST and Socket API in Node.js (using the Express.js framework and Socket.IO library) and built a custom validation schema similar to what JOI offers.
- Implemented a responsive React website from scratch for a social media startup.