Verified Expert in Engineering
Murat is an experienced software engineer with a proven track record of delivering mobile applications for a wide range of industries covering banking, eCommerce, retail, and airlines. Murat started out his development career building apps for iOS with Objective-C and then he transitioned to Swift. Murat's technical expertise lies in developing apps for the iOS platform; however, he also excels at writing code for the back end and database and with Java and PL/SQL development.
Xcode, MacOS, JetBrains
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was the CEPTETEB app: a banking app for the first digital-only bank in Turkey.
Dating App Company (via Toptal)
- Implemented major UI changes relating to the core mechanics of the app.
- Worked closely with other team members on design, implementation, and QA-related issues.
- Helped the client with performance and memory-related issues.
Digital Asset Tracking Company (via Toptal)
- Developed walkthrough pages for the app shown, both when onboarding and in the app's help section, detailing every functionality.
- Implemented adaptive design conforming to both iOS and iPad environments.
- Cooperated closely with business owners on design/implementation details.
- Worked on the CEPTETEB app, the first digital-only banking app in Turkey; built core features (account list and money transfer) and contributed to the development of base modules, UI-component libraries, and app architecture.
- Developed the core features, base modules, and UI libraries for the CEPTETEB İşte app: a mobile banking application for corporate and SME customers.
- Maintained the back-end and database in an Oracle environment using Java and PL/SQL.
- Led a team of three iOS developers, assigning tasks to team members and reviewing their code and pair-programming, especially for inexperienced team members.
- Worked with an agile and scrum consulting agency to better implement Agile practices: holding daily scrums, planning with the product owner, holding review meetings with the PO and other stakeholders, and running retrospectives.
- Developed new features for a mobile wallet project in ING Bank's Turkey branch.
- Implemented an iMessage extension which provided a money transfer feature from the Messages app.
- Collaborated efficiently with other teams and business stakeholders on refinement tasks.
- Developed the core functionalities—which included credit-card payments and money transfers—for the mobile application of one of the biggest public banks.
- Maintained and developed new features for one of the biggest tech eCommerce apps in Turkey.
- Implemented new features for a variety of different apps in different industries.
Network Consulting Engineer
- Started as part of the Associate Network Consulting Engineering program with an intensive six-month training period.
- Worked on a network optimization project for Vodafone's core network.
- Provided support to Vodafone in three countries: Turkey, Greece, and Albania.
- Worked on CRM projects as part of the functional design team for Vodafone and Turk Telekom.
- Created business requirements, working collaboratively with the customer.
- Oversaw the user-acceptance tests for the new features.
I developed several core functionalities for this project, like the account list and the money-transfer feature. I also participated in the development of the base modules and UI libraries.
I developed the core functionalities like money transfers and saved transactions. Our team worked collaboratively with a design agency for the UI/UX aspects. I also contributed to the development of most of the main modules.
Swift, Objective-C, Java
Xcode, Git, SourceTree, JetBrains, IntelliJ, TeamCity, YouTrack, Firebase Authentication, Zeplin, Figma, TFS, Jira
PL/SQL, Cloud Firestore
Business Analysis, Functional Requirements, Networking, IP Networks, Combine
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering
Istanbul Technical University - Istanbul, Turkey