Software Architect2017 - PRESENTSky Ledge
Technologies: Java, Angular, Spring Boot, AWS, TypeScript, Terraform, GitLab CI/CD, Docker, ECS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, HTML, Front-end, CSS, Linux, Architecture, Full-stack, CTO, Python, Leadership, Scrum, DevOps, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Spring, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon Web Services (AWS), JSON, Google Maps API (GeoJSON), GeoJSON, Geolocation
- Developed a scalable back end using Spring, Postgres, and MongoDB. The application uses domain-driven design principles. It was designed for future evolvability without being over-engineered for the needs of today.
- Implemented a fully automated CI/CD pipeline deployed to the cloud. Developed the cloud infrastructure using Terraform and infrastructure-as-code.
- Built a complex front-end web application using Angular and TypeScript.
- Liaised with clients and business stakeholders to help uncover requirements and drive solutions.
- Managed the development team and implemented a set of best practices for the development team to follow, including TDD, code reviews, and code pairing.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Modano
Technologies: C#.NET, .NET, AWS, React, Redux, PHP, Drupal, HTML, Front-end, CSS, Apache, MySQL, LAMP, Architecture, Full-stack, DevOps, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon Web Services (AWS), JSON
- Developed a web-based real-time file sharing application using .NET, React, Redux, and AWS.
- Built web services that automated the process of generating navigatable previews from complex Excel financial models. Delivered through the website as well the file-sharing app, enabling communications without the need to download the files.
- Implemented a beautiful community forum using Drupal and PHP.
- Optimized and conducted performance tuning of a complex Excel .NET financial modeling add-on.
- Worked on a licensing server and the installation modules for the Excel .NET add-on.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2016Whispir
- Developed a native iOS application to allow users to view and receive messages from the Whispir platform.
- Developed, maintained, and enhanced the Java back end. This involved building back-end logic, optimizing database queries, building RESTful APIs, and integrating with various AWS services, including S3, SNS, and SQS.
- Modernized parts of the front-end stack to help achieve the outcomes the clients needed. Technologies I introduced include jQuery, Backbone.js, PhoneGap, and Node.js.
- Led development on multiple real-time collaboration applications. This included a real-time activity stream and a mobile-based platform that used the Whispir API to allow the end users to be notified of events and invoke powerful workflow.
- Played a key role in taking the existing web application and converting it into a single-page application, revamping the UI, and improving usability with minimal code changes.
- Developed a number of collaborative mobile chat and inbox applications. My last project was the dev lead on an auto-scalable API for building a real-time chat and messaging app.