Verified Expert in Engineering
Nadim is a self-motivated individual who brings more than a decade's experience as a full-stack software engineer. He is an all-rounder who has experience ranging from web development using the latest web frameworks, building high-scale back-end systems, optimizing SQL queries, implementing automated CI/CD processes, and building out robust cloud architecture using infrastructure-as-code. He enjoys working closely with other talented product managers, designers, and engineers.
The most amazing...
...white-label messaging and notification platform I've developed had a web app, back end, and mobile apps to help organizations communicate with their customers.
- Developed a scalable back end using Spring, Postgres, and MongoDB. The application uses domain-driven design principles. It was designed for future evolvability without being over-engineered for the needs of today.
- Implemented a fully automated CI/CD pipeline deployed to the cloud. Developed the cloud infrastructure using Terraform and infrastructure-as-code.
- Built a complex front-end web application using Angular and TypeScript.
- Liaised with clients and business stakeholders to help uncover requirements and drive solutions.
- Managed the development team and implemented a set of best practices for the development team to follow, including TDD, code reviews, and code pairing.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a web-based real-time file sharing application using .NET, React, Redux, and AWS.
- Built web services that automated the process of generating navigatable previews from complex Excel financial models. Delivered through the website as well the file-sharing app, enabling communications without the need to download the files.
- Implemented a beautiful community forum using Drupal and PHP.
- Optimized and conducted performance tuning of a complex Excel .NET financial modeling add-on.
- Worked on a licensing server and the installation modules for the Excel .NET add-on.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a native iOS application to allow users to view and receive messages from the Whispir platform.
- Developed, maintained, and enhanced the Java back end. This involved building back-end logic, optimizing database queries, building RESTful APIs, and integrating with various AWS services, including S3, SNS, and SQS.
- Modernized parts of the front-end stack to help achieve the outcomes the clients needed. Technologies I introduced include jQuery, Backbone.js, PhoneGap, and Node.js.
- Led development on multiple real-time collaboration applications. This included a real-time activity stream and a mobile-based platform that used the Whispir API to allow the end users to be notified of events and invoke powerful workflow.
- Played a key role in taking the existing web application and converting it into a single-page application, revamping the UI, and improving usability with minimal code changes.
- Developed a number of collaborative mobile chat and inbox applications. My last project was the dev lead on an auto-scalable API for building a real-time chat and messaging app.
Sky Ledge Platformhttp://www.skyledge.com
• CI/CD automation pipeline development using GitLab CI/CD.
• Building and managing the cloud infrastructure using Terraform (infrastructure-as-code), deployed on AWS.
• Architecting and developing a high-scale back-end application using Spring Boot, Postgres, MongoDB, and REST.
• Development of a flexible, powerful web application using Angular and TypeScript.
• Edge service architecture design for allowing customers to efficiently inject their data into the Sky Ledge platform, as well as pushing domain-specific business logic out of the core platform.
Real-time File Sharing Web App for Financial Modellershttp://www.modano.com
I also built a tool to generate navigatable, online previews of uploaded Excel documents, allowing members of the same team (and their clients) the ability to collaborate and view models without the need to download them to the computer.
Whispir Activity Streamhttp://www.whispir.com
Organizations use Whispir Composer to rapidly respond, mobilize teams, and inform employees, stakeholders, and customers, as soon as an event occurs.
I worked closely with the product owner and product designer to build and develop the application using native iOS technologies and build out an API on the existing Java back end.
Angular, NestJS, Spring Boot, Redux, Spring, .NET, ASP.NET
jQuery, Backbone.js, Node.js, REST APIs, React, Google Maps API (GeoJSON), Twilio API
REST, RESTful Development, DevOps, Scrum
JSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB
Front-end, Back-end, Architecture, Full-stack, Mobile Apps, ECS, Cordova, WebSockets, Leadership, SMS, GeoJSON, Geolocation, Scraping, AWS DevOps, InVision Studio, CTO, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), GitLab, Terraform, GitLab CI/CD, Figma, Apache
MacOS, Docker, iOS, Drupal 7, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Drupal, Linux, LAMP, Twilio
Honors Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
RMIT University - Melbourne, Australia
International Baccalaureate Diploma in Mathematics and Languages
Australian International Academy - Melbourne, Australia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring