Verified Expert in Engineering
Natan is a software engineer with around three years of experience, delivering great software solutions for different companies in the industry areas of crypto, finance, chat systems, audio processing, AI, and video transcription. His expertise is in the back end, implementing APIs, microservices, automated systems like monitoring and E2E tests, and infrastructure management. Natan worked for Covario, Nynja, Verusen, and Cielo24 and values transparency, commitment, and attention to detail.
Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Terminal
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is to save 30 thousand dollars per month after a clean-up on the client's cloud infrastructure.
Senior Back-end Engineer
- Created a trading automation system that could track as many trading rules as needed, like a set of order templates, with scalability to support over 60 thousand trades concurrently.
- Developed an innovative architecture that was reused in all company microservices.
- Implemented trade rules for the trading system, e.g., Ping-Pong and Iceberg.
- Interviewed over 300 candidates from various tech stacks.
- Helped with many initiatives, including blockchain and retail jobs.
- Coached multiple new team members by shadowing calls and teaching them how to be the best interviewer.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Created a monitoring system to fix the system's failed processes and scale the system and track its performance.
- Decreased cloud costs by around $30k/month using Kubernetes, GitOps, and Terraform and cleaning the unused resources.
- Created an Airflow DAG capable of transcoding in scale from 0-1000 videos at the same time, leveraging Kubernetes, Airflow API, and the Airflow task manager.
- Organized all tasks using Kanban—distributed the tasks among the developers, came up with system improvements, and organized tasks based on the client's priorities.
Senior Software Engineer
- Helped a company Cielo24 with their microservice infrastructure to automate and become cloud independent. Focusing mainly on cloud cost reduction, I could save them around $20 thousand monthly in cloud costs.
- Provided unique solutions for multiple clients on their systems including automated facetime test, database performance improvement, automated monitoring and fixing tools, and more.
- Developed a back end for a cryptocurrency exchange for Covario.
Senior DevOps and Back-end Developer
- Migrated multiple jobs and scripts from Jenkins to Airflow.
- Fixed bugs, upgraded break-change libraries properly, and tracked and improved code smells using Pylint.
- Created monitoring pages on Airflow for monitoring purposes.
- Improved the performance of our routing automation system from five minutes to under 30 seconds between getting the routes, mapping, calculating the best route, and publishing.
- Added three layers of tests using Pytest to guarantee the system's functionality on its replicas: unit testing, functional testing, and E2E testing.
- Organized and created a big overview block diagram explaining the many microservices of the system and how they interact with each other.
- Tested the whole application manually and found and fixed many bugs with automation.
Airflow Workflow Processing for Audio & Video Processinghttp://www.cielo24.com
This was used to replace Celery workers to improve their performance, decrease the company's cloud costs, and reduce the number of errors to zero. It also reduces unprocessed data during the audio and video pre-processing steps.
I managed to decrease up to $2000/month of cloud costs and be able to process over 2000 snippets per minute, with the scalability and bandwidth to process many times that amount.
Exchange Proxy for Crypto Demo
I was responsible for crafting the WebSockets back end and building the bots to simulate the market. I also did some code reviews and round-table discussions for the front end.
This project was done in Python and React, yet there are some pieces where the front-end team couldn't finish, but the features were implemented on the back end.
Later on, we had to build the actual back end in C#. We used the exchange REST APIs and WebSockets to connect with the exchanges.
Trading Automation System for a Smart Crypto Trading Company
In a nutshell, it can create various trade rules, specifically a set of order templates, and detect order updates and price fluctuation via WebSockets to proceed with the trade workflow.
Also, being able to scale itself based on the load, it can support over 30 thousand simultaneous trades.
The project was designed to support as many trade rules types as needed.
Django, Django REST Framework, Flask, gRPC, .NET
Relational Databases, PostgreSQL, JSON, Cloud Deployment, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Redis, Cloud Firestore
API Integration, FPGA, Back-end, Code Review, Source Code Review, Technical Hiring, Interviewing, APIs, CI/CD Pipelines, Web Development, Software Architecture, System Architecture, Web Servers, Bots, Trading, Bybit, Cryptocurrency, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Digital Signal Processing, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Google Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, Amazon RDS, WebSockets, Internet of Things (IoT), Distributed Systems, SNMP, DSCP, BGP, NetFlow, GitOps, Coroutines, Pub/Sub, Embedded Systems, TradingView
React, Web API, REST APIs, Flask-RESTful, SQLAlchemy, Django ORM, FFmpeg, Asyncio, Node.js
Terminal, Terraform, Pytest, MATLAB, Apache Airflow, Helm, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GitLab, GitHub, Amazon EKS, Cron, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, MQTT
Microservices, REST, Microservices Architecture, ETL
Linux, Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Debian, Kubernetes, Ethereum, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Azure, BIRT, Embedded Linux
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Ethereum Blockchain Developer Bootcamp With Solidity (2021)