Principal Solution Engineer/Architect2020 - PRESENTBrisance Digital
Technologies: Tool Research and Selection, Data Engineering, Python 3
- Selected and implemented tooling for data engineering workflow to transform data from MongoDB to Postgres data warehouse to enable business analytics for real estate startup.
- Productionalized workflow and automation to ensure robust delivery of data to a data warehouse.
- Developed strategy to extend data engineering pipeline to maintain a scrubbed version of the MongoDB and Postgres databases to facilitate automated and manual testing.
Back-end Python API Developer2019 - 2020Cake Insure
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Python 3
- Developed a back-end billing plan API to solve ongoing service problems.
- Performed extensive requirements gathering, prototype reviews with business and product owner to discover true underlying business requirements and rules for billing plan service.
- Developed NLP model prediction services for mapping business descriptions to class code used to price insurance policies.
- Developed NLP model prediction service to simplify manual underwriter process by suggesting other relevant class codes that should be included on insurance policies.
- Implemented full automated test suites for all developed back-end services to facilitate the confident transfer of solutions to other developers.
- Deployed services to GCP Kubernetes environment using GitLab CI/CD.
Solution Architect - Managed Services Platform2002 - 2017Cisco Systems
Technologies: Message Bus, C#, Java
- Architected multi-tenant highly distributed network monitoring platform used to manage large enterprise customer networks.
- Integrated third-party tools into the network management platform to add key new functionality or reduce DIY portions of the solution.
- Mentored newer software developers on good team software development processes, testing strategies, and developing working relationships with business customers, product owners, and operations teams.
Software Architect - Semiconductor Process Control1998 - 2002KLA-Tencor
Technologies: Manufacturing, CORBA, Transaction Control Language (TCL), Java
- Consulted with some of the biggest semiconductor manufacturing companies to implement process control for their photo-lithography processes.
- Developed strong cross-functional communications channels between process engineering and software development teams.
- Helped develop tools and control software to enable the process engineers to push the limits of physics in photo-lithography.
Software Consultant - Manufacturing Automation1995 - 1998Sterling Information Group
- Developed simulation software to support research scientists with the development of heat transfer and boiler systems.
- Automated manufacturing equipment for semiconductor crystal pulling manufacturing.
- Built software infrastructure framework for manufacturing process control system.