Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Material-UI, MySQL, C#.NET, PostgreSQL, Go, React Native, React
- Designed and developed an automated quoting system for a railing manufacturer. Users draw the outline of their deck and the quoting system computes which parts are required and how to cut specific parts to fit.
- Developed a claims management system for an insurance company that handles over 1,500 claims per day.
- Built a schedule management and project data collection system for a trucking company. This included a real-time web interface and an offline-enabled mobile app. Performed client interviews to refine the product.
- Maintained a desktop application that managed a water sensor device. This included adding new device support for a series of serial-based devices.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2019Ladder Software, Inc.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon EC2, AWS CloudWatch, Redis, C#.NET
- Built features and fixed bugs for a daycare-management and parent-communication application.
- Created Stripe and Vantiv payment integration to allow our customers to accept payments through our software. Vantiv was an especially difficult provider to integrate with.
- Worked with a team to build a Cordova-based mobile app that could do basic management functions.
- Managed DevOps for the company, served as the only on-call person for the years I worked there, and setup CloudWatch and DataDog monitoring.
- Solved performance bottlenecks caused by customer growth by tuning SQL queries and indexes and introducing Redis caching.
Junior Full-stack Developer2013 - 2014PF Software Services
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET MVC
- Developed a web-based freight management application based on an existing Access database.
- Collaborated with the manager to update applications so that they met the changing customer requirements.
- Created and validated data migrations to allow the application switchover to happen over a weekend.