Freelance iOS Engineer2020 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: iOS, Swift, ARKit, Firebase
- Worked with multiple clients spanning various industries.
- Developed primarily in iOS and Swift, and built specific features with Firebase, ARKit, and numerous other Apple libraries.
- Collaborated closely with clients on product development, engineering architecture, third-party integrations, and testing and launch plans.
Lead iOS Engineer2017 - 2020Seedling
Technologies: iOS, Swift, ARKit, Core ML, SpriteKit
- Owned multiple iOS apps (developed for kids) that merged physical toys and digital experiences using augmented reality (the flagship product was an AR teddy bear sold in many retail stores).
- Worked initially as the sole iOS developer but built out a small team of mobile developers and fostered a positive engineering culture to deliver quality user experiences across a suite of apps.
- Was acquired by BEGiN, a company whose mission was to provide children the best educational start possible; the Seedling team was brought in to enhance their subscription offering with a physical product paired with a digital AR experience.
- Successfully launched an iOS app for BEGiN that utilized AR and machine learning to encourage kids to learn through play while interacting with the real-world.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2016SurveyMonkey
- Owned the core functions of SurveyMonkey Audience, a marketplace business bringing together market researchers looking for insights and survey-takers incentivized by donating to charity.
- Led multiple cross-organization initiatives, including API implementation and UX integration projects to launch survey-taking functionality in the SurveyMonkey iOS and Android apps.
- Made key contributions to an entire site redesign, with a focus on responsive design for mobile and tablet, A/B rollout plans and key metrics reporting.
- Led a rewrite of the entire customer-facing checkout flow using React and Redux.
Software Development Engineer in Test2009 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: C#, PowerShell, SQL
- Played a core role in the feature design and testability of the data migration process of SharePoint Online customers to the data-center infrastructure.
- Authored automation for the migration process which saved hundreds of developer hours for the core engineering team.
- Drove and ensured the high availability of the entire SharePoint Online service to meet a 99.9% uptime SLA, while working closely with an operations team.
- Authored several monitoring-and-debugging tools to increase efficiency and reduce on-call engineer investigation time by several magnitudes.
- Helped shepherd the team’s growth from seven engineers to over 200.