Lead Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTNew Citizens
- Architected and built a scalable Serverless back-end using Python Chalice for simple deployments.
- Built a modern single-page app using React and Redux, with Redux-saga to make testing easy.
- Efficiently built an administration app using React-Admin and Material UI to reduce cost and time to market.
- Implemented automation to take user-provided image links and fetch, resize, and store images in AWS S3 to prevent hot-linking and ensure availability.
- Designed and iterated on a NoSQL schema using domain-driven design to meet changing product requirements.
Web Developer2018 - 2018Ned Warner Design
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, HTML5, CSS3
- Implemented a pixel-perfect WordPress theme using mockups provided by a designer.
- Enabled the customization of contact information and assorted metadata through WP-Admin without requiring code changes.
- Created a custom post type for site-specific pages with support for image uploads.
- Optimized the page speed by lazy-loading large banner images in the header carousel and minimizing external requests.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017SurveyGizmo
- Contributed to the implementation of a user-customizable report creator with 30+ chart types and support for real-time data with filtering and segmentation.
- Helped metaprogram deeply nested Elasticsearch aggregations to calculate statistics for 40+ data models.
- Built a choice-based conjoint analysis tool with custom reporting using the R programming language for data processing.
- Refactored many legacy PHP templates using SOLID design principles to avoid hidden dependencies and reduce bugs.
- Created a new interface and overhauled the back-end code for a Salesforce integration feature used by enterprise customers on the platform.
- Debugged Stripe API integration code to ensure business-critical code operated flawlessly.
- Helped implement SSO for the platform using SAML.
Lead Web Developer2016 - 2016Widgix
- Performed extensive mobile auditing and refactors to three marketing properties using an ad-hoc mobile test lab and BrowserSync.
- Implemented a mobile-responsive HTML email templating framework to easily generate branded messages and message templates for use in Pardot and Salesforce.
- Integrated Pardot contact forms on dozens of landing pages and content pages to increase sales lead generation.
Technical Support2014 - 2016Widgix
- Created a remote authentication system to integrate the SaaS platform with documentation site to enable the inline display of relevant platform information.
- Troubleshot users' integrations from SaaS platform to Google Sheets and ExactTarget.
- Completed a massive refactoring of the documentation site styles, reducing a 2,000+ line CSS file to less than 800 lines.
- Built an XML sitemap generator for the documentation platform to improve search indexing.
- Regularly contributed updates and new articles to technical documentation.