Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Visualization Developer
Naum is a data visualization enthusiast who has built hundreds of efficient and beautiful reports and dashboards over the past decade. He's a data quality perfectionist who believes that perfect data-sets can exist. Naum has managed reporting portfolios for large companies. He's also a project manager who has delivered very tough business intelligence projects, loves computers, and is oriented towards marketing.
MySQL, Teradata, Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server, BIRT, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...things I've done was to build a DWH and complete reporting portfolio for two large telco operators in EU and create successful competitive intelligence startup.
Business Partner and Developer
- Engaged as a consultant, business intelligence expert, and reporting expert for more than 6 years on various data processing and data visualization projects for EU based companies in FMCG, telco, energy, and tourism industries. Tools used: Tableau, MS Power BI, MS BI stack, Azure, AWS. MariaDB/MySQL, Apache Spark, and Hadoop, Postgres, etc.
- Developed marketing data lake model, data loaders, data quality management procedures, and online reports that enabled marketing departments of client Ahold Delhaize (largest FMCG retailer in the country) to analyze external market data and combine them with internal data into a single point of truth about company and competition. Technologies used: Oracle DB, Pentaho Data Integration, Tableau, and Apache Hadoop/Spark.
- Built competitive intelligence dashboards that enabled VIP mobile, leading telco operator in Serbia, to gain a centralized view on all competitor's activities in the telco market and combine insights with internal data like pricing and sales. Technologies used: Tableau Server, Tableau Prep, and MS SharePoint.
- Created a unique social media monitoring tool by using Python, MariaDB, PDI, and Tableau, which is used for qualitative and quantitative social media competitive intelligence tracking and comparative performance bench-marking.
- Designed and developed a set of unique market intelligence products that are collecting data from unstructured web data sources and transforming them into user-friendly actionable reports used by many European clients in energetics, telco, and finance industries. Technologies used: MariaDB, PowerBI, Tableau, BIRT, Pentaho ETL, Tomcat, and Centos Linux.
International Committee of Red Cross
- Worked with marketing teams on BELCAN data analytics team set up, business processes and selection of profiles, their tool and technology set up.
- Organized an analysis of the organization's digital media data and insights needs and formed a matrix of analytical areas and KPIs.
- Developed a digital media marketing data lake, data loaders, and a set of reports that enabled the organization to track their cross-media digital campaigns automatically, monitor performance and compare with other organizations within their segment.
CRM and BI manager
- Built customer behavior prediction models, customer data-mart, and user retention models that have decreased customer churn levels on the residential and business segment and increased sales gross ads. Technologies used: Teradata Aster, MariaDB, Informatica ETL.
- Built a customer experience monitoring and reaction system that has helped Telenor Denmark to locate all events that have been decreasing customer experience levels by monitoring interactions with the mobile network, points of sales, and contact center. Technologies used: Teradata Aster, Oracle Exadata, and Pentaho ETL.
- Created several geo-location based services that helped Telenor Denmark and it's partners increase sales levels and revenue. Technologies used: Teradata Aster, Oracle Exadata, and Pentaho ETL.
BI Project manager
- Led the company's #1 priority project that positioned Telenor Serbia as a leader in Telenor group data analytics area. The project involved more than 80 employees and consultants and has delivered state-of-the-art Oracle Exadata DWH, 8 analytical business areas on top of customized Teradata telco data model, 4 customer data-marts, and hundreds of OBIEE online reports. Technologies used: MS SharePoint, Informatica ETL, Oracle DB, Oracle OBIEE.
- As part of the project, reviewed and documented all relevant reporting KPI-s and products&services definitions with business and technology departments. Implemented a company-wide MDM system and data governance procedures in order to establish reliable product lifecycle management and accurate reporting.
Business Intelligence Expert
Vip mobile (Telekom Austria Group)
- Supported all company's departments (marketing, sales, controlling/finance, and technology) in the company's startup phase with ad-hoc reports and data-marts. Technologies used: Teradata DWH, SSIS, MS Excel.
- Developed and later managing company's on-line reporting portfolio that supported more than 80 users on top and mid-management levels in marketing, finance and technology departments. Technologies used: Teradata DWH, MS SharePoint, MS SSAS/SSRS/SSIS, and MS Power BI.
- Created reporting and data visualization standards that have become Telekom Austria Group's reference for financial and marketing reporting.
- Consolidated, standardized, and documented company-wide list of KPIs used for reporting in all company departments. Collecting KPI and reporting requirements from internal users, coaching and consulting them on how to get actionable insights out of reports. Acted as a single point of contact for all MDM and data governance topics.
Direct Marketing Centar d.o.o.
- Conducted data modeling and statistical processing of direct marketing campaign's results for clients like Coca-Cola, Heineken, Carlsberg, Beiersdorf, Japan Tobacco industry, Philip Morris, etc. in MS SQL Server and SPSS.
- Designed and developed DMC-Squid system - MS SQL server and SPSS Clementine (now SPSS modeler) based system for collecting, standardizing, enriching and validating demographic contact data from publicly available data sources. Data from this system is used for user segmentation during DM campaigns preparation.
- Consulted clients on user data collection strategies, defining optimal direct marketing strategies and ROI calculations.
- Created dealer geo-location data model, database and back-end and front-end PHP components for client Johnson Evinrude.
- Created MS SQL data model and ASP back-end/front-end components for eCommerce sales, service orders, and order tracking for client Lynch truck center.
- Created intranet web-based application for management and tracking of attorney's cases for client Akerman LLP.
VIP Mobile Reporting and Data Visualization Standards
VIP Mobile Online Reporting Portal
Technologies used: Teradata DWH, MS SharePoint, MS SSAS/SSRS/SSIS, and MS Power BI.
onSpot Socializer Tableau Dashboardshttps://www.onspot-research.com/socializer-new/
The reports are being used by a dozen companies in EU region in telco, energetics, and tourism industries.
onSpot Competitive Intelligence Trackerhttp://www.onspot-research.com/competitive-intelligence-tracker/
onSpot CIT Tableau Dashboardshttps://www.onspot-research.com/competitive-intelligence-tracker-telco/
One set of dashboards enabled clients' executives to get very aggregated and focused top-level updates only on relevant competitor's activities on Web sites. The second set of dashboards enabled product, pricing, and sales managers to conduct an in-depth analysis of competitor's activities, conduct competitive price, product, and service benchmarking, build and update pricing models. The third set of reports is being sent by email to relevant departments enabling them to get almost real-time updates on competitor's new products and services and price changes.
The reports are being used by a dozen companies in the EU region in telco, energetics, and FMCG industries.
Telenor Serbia DWH Project
Technologies used: Oracle DB, Oracle OBIEE, MS SharePoint.
Telenor CEX Monitoring and Reaction System
Tableau, Tableau Desktop Pro, Teradata SQL Assistant, Microsoft Excel, Power Pivot, Microsoft Power BI, SPSS Modeler, Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle), Birt Report, SQL Server BI, Power Query, GIS, SPSS, IBM SPSS, Oracle Exadata, Teradata Aster, Microsoft Project, Jira, Apache Tomcat
Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, ETL, BPMN, Agile
Linux, BIRT, Windows, Pentaho, Azure, SharePoint, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows Server 2012, Amazon EC2
MySQL, MariaDB, ANSI SQL, Database Modeling, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Teradata Databases, Teradata, PostgreSQL, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Reporting, Data Modeling, Data Reporting, IT Projects, Project Planning, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Quality Analysis, Data Visualization, Microsoft Business Intelligence (MBI), Market Research, Scraping, Web Scraping, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, DAX, Distributed Team Management, Tableau Server, Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), Unix Shell Scripting, Geospatial Data, Service, Analysis
Apache Spark, ASP
Master's Degree in Management of Services
Faculty of Organizational Sciences - Belgrade, Serbia
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Faculty of Mathematics - Belgrade, Serbia
Italian Language Level A1
Serbian Institute for Foreign Languages
Oracle BI 11g Analyses and Dashboards
Oracle University, BG
Oracle BI 11g Fundamentals
Oracle University, BG
MS BI Courses 2791, 2792, 2793, 2794, 2795, 2796, 2797, 5061
A4ATCP with Microsoft Serbia
Project Management Certificate Level 1,2,3
GisData Advanced Marketing Geographical Analysis
GIS Data Serbia
Topsim general top management training
Fachhochschule Munchen and Hans Zajdel Foundation
English Language Level C2
Serbian Institute for Foreign Languages
Russian Language Level C1
Pushkin Institute Moscow