Verified Expert in Engineering
Deep Learning Developer
Nauman has developed and deployed state-of-the-art deep learning models in production. He's worked with models in the domain of image classification, object detection, image generation, style transfer, text classification, and text generation. Nauman loves to apply modern deep learning out-of-the-box to solve various industry problems. He has mostly worked in startup-sized teams, and he prefers working on products involving GANs.
PyCharm, Anaconda, Windows
The most amazing...
...project was using GPT-2 to convert unstructured OCR text to a structured parsable format.
Deep Learning Engineer
VisionX — Moonshot Labs
- Implemented an algorithm to construct lines from bounding boxes for OCR output.
- Developed text classification for large class counts of more than 1,000.
- Experimented and applied GPT-2 to unstructured OCR text to convert it to a parsable format.
- Built Flask APIs to wrap information extraction using Firestore, Cloud Storage, Cloud Tasks, and other GCP native services.
- Constructed and deployed API's docker images and deployed it to Google Cloud Run.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Maintained a product's core algorithm and fixed bugs.
- Improved the performance and accuracy of a core functionality by implementing optimized text matching using the Aho Corasick algorithm.
- Integrated Google Cloud's NER engine for raw information extraction from package labels.
- Built a customized black-box testing framework for automated testing before deployment in production.
- Constructed from the ground up a truth-labeling tool using Python and OpenCV to help implement future machine learning projects.
- Developed a tool for analysis of production environment which helps the customer support team analyze the situation in production and respond accordingly.
- Experimented with a machine learning-based string matching algorithm to take production system performance to the next level.
Associate Machine Learning Engineer
- Extracted and isolated a staff-line detection algorithm in music sheets from the client's existing codebase (C++).
- Wrapped multiple legacy software using command-line in a single consistent codebase of modern C++ (11).
- Used an existing EAST text detector implementation to extract lyrics from music sheets.
- Developed an algorithm to associate notes extracted from legacy code and lyrics from EAST implementation.
- Experimented with EAST training and C++ implementation to optimize code to run on older hardware.
Deploy GPT-2 Model Serverlesshttps://github.com/NaxAlpha/gpt-2xy
Generating New Icons using GANshttps://github.com/NaxAlpha/xgan
Keras, PyTorch, OpenCV, TensorFlow
Agile, Parallel Programming
Anaconda, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
NoSQL, Cloud Firestore
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering (Electrical Engineering)
National University of Sciences and Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan