CSS Developer in Berlin, Germany
Principal Software Architect2016 - PRESENTCareaxiom Pvt. Ltd.
- Developed API architecture for partners.
- Set up and managed an API gateway.
- Engineered and implemented our partner's requirements.
Manager Software Services Group2015 - 2015Nextbridge (Pvt) Ltd.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP, Node.js
- Implemented initiatives for employee skill evaluation and development.
- Was responsible for team building in preparation for changes at the company.
- Handled product development.
- Conducted research.
Project Manager2012 - 2014Nextbridge (Pvt) Ltd.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, iOS, Android, PhoneGap
- Worked as project manager and training manager.
- Oversaw multiple teams using Ruby on Rails, among several other technologies.
- Communicated with clients, ensuring that projects were completed on schedule.
Training Manager2011 - 2013Nextbridge (Pvt) Ltd.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PHP, Android, iOS
- Headed the company's training department.
- Trained employees in PHP, RoR, Python, iPhone, and Android, among other technologies.
Open Source Development Lead2010 - 2011Nextbridge (Pvt) Ltd.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PHP
- Started an OpenSource team based on RoR.
- Delivered several projects and produced effective resources with the team.
Manager IT2010 - 20107 Stars Services L.L.C. Abu Dhabi
Technologies: PHP, Flex, Java
- Worked as an IT Manager, overseeing and developing the software infrastructure of the company.
- Fulfilled client needs by providing customized software environments according to their specifications.
- Maintained desktop applications and provided new customized versions of web interfaces for clients.
- Worked primarily with BlazeDS + Hibernate + Flex4.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2010Nextbridge Pvt. Ltd.
- A client based company with clients primarily from the US.
- Provided clients with technical support updates.
- Developed numerous PHP web applications using CakePHP, Kohana, jQuery, and Zend, among other technologies.
- Provided support in a Linux environment with shell level programming for embedded systems.
Software Instructure2006 - 2008B.Z. University
Technologies: Visual Design
- Studied and taught the theory and technique of graphic design.
- Transformed students' abilities to design and communicate visually.
- Used proven marketable design and technical skills.
- Implemented design theory via graphic software.
UI Engineer2006 - 2008PepsiCo, Multan
Technologies: C#, GDI+
- Created web and interface designs for application development.
- Provided a user friendly computer environment for non-professional computer users to minimize the adjustment to new software.
- Guided the software team with regards to the custom application interfaces.
- Used GDI+ and ASP.NET.
Senior Web Designer/Developer2005 - 2006Zoliax Enterprises U.K
- Worked as a part time, overseas employee.
- Created an eCommerce project to develop cost effective business strategies.
- Responsible for design and development.
Web/Graphics Designer/Developer2004 - 2004Innovators Technologies
Technologies: PHP, ASP
- Created many local web projects, including design work as well as development.
- Communicated and negotiated with clients.
Web Designer/Deveolper2002 - 2003NSDC
Technologies: PHP, ASP
- Developed many local web projects.
- Consulted and inspected the desktop applications of many companies.
- Quick Check - Health Club Manament (Development)http://healthclubsoftware.net/
A small ERP for Health Clubs that includes:
- Employee Time Management
- Member's CheckIn
- Point of Sale
- Membership Payments
It covers all aspects of any health club, gym, or fitness center. It's built in Ruby on Rails and has more than 300 installations.
- Mortgage Payment Management System (Development)
On average, a person stays in their home five to seven years. The banks know this. In those five to seven years, over 80% of mortgage payments go straight to interest. Because the banks "front-end load" a mortgage with interest, no one ever comes close to paying their home off.
So we built a system that helps to plan your savings and invest them towards insurance investment. So you get more investment and pay off the mortgage earlier than ever.
- Labor Unions Platform (Development)http://prometheuslabor.com/
Prometheus Labor is a platform for Labor Unions including websites and mobile apps for Android and iOS to streamline communication between workers. Through these platforms, people become aware of the latest updates in the union and also aware of rates and other financial information. In short it helps unions to engage their members. The back-end was developed in Ruby on Rails.
- Safety Notice (Development)
Safety Notice is a technologically-advanced system designed to deliver superior communication between family members and providers rendering services to loved ones. Thoughts such as, “Did the van pick up mom on time for her doctor’s appointment?” and “I sure hope the nurse showed up at dad’s house today to help him with his medicine,” are a thing of the past when a service provider utilizes Safety Notice.
- Open Source Billing (Development)http://opensourcebilling.org/
Timely invoicing to clients and manage their payment records are the biggest challenge in any business. We develop OpenSourceBilling at vteams to solve that challenge. It do have all useful features of any billing system, but without any cost. Its opensource any one can setup it to its own infrastructure to be utilized for his need. Since its opensource companies can customize it as per their business flow. It do have features like:
- A nice looking Dashboard with graph, key metrics, current and past invoices, and a list of recent activities
- Create and send invoices to your clients
- Enter payments against sent invoices
- Partial payments tracking
- Receive payments through Paypal and credit card
- Invoice dispute management
- Export invoices to PDF
- Reports like Payments Collected, Aged Accounts Receivable, Revenue By Client and more to come
- LMS for Technology Companies (Development)
In any technology companies keeping resources upto date with latest trends, technologies and practices is a vital organ for technology change management. We were facing this issue at Vteams, so we evaluated different LMS including Moodle, eFront etc. We finally concluded that none of those actually best fit for our needs, so we build an in-house LMS system. Most common components of that project was:
1. Course Management with Enrollment and Progress Tracking
2. Books Library with thousands of books having capabilities to search inside books within seconds
3. Media Library containing video materials configured with Nginx Media Streaming
The application was tracked by Google Analytics to provide user specific trends and their interest towards different topcis.
- MeetingKing (Development)http://meetingking.com/
MeetingKing makes it easy to manage, structure, record and follow-up on your meetings. Set the agenda, meet and get things done. This product is developed around the natural information and workflow related to meetings and corresponding action items. All information is in one place and easily accessible to all meeting participants (both inside and outside your organization) via just one tool (rather than the up to five tools we observed some people using). There is no need to enter information multiple times and past notes and decisions are always at your finger tips.
The benefits of MeetingKing go beyond saving time and money, or ensuring that tasks and issues don’t drop of the radar. Participants of a well-run productive meeting will feel more informed and more involved in the company or the project. The fact that previously assigned tasks will be reviewed in a next meeting, will create an increased sense of responsibility and urgency as well as a sense of accomplishment.
- Video Marketing System (Development)
A video marketing platform allowing users to upload videos and generate embedded code for HTML pages, WordPress and Joomla. The system provides top notch analytics for marketing campaigns. It includes user retention, and popular videos, among other features. The website is integrated with Facebook and YouTube.
- Boarderly - Meeting Manager (Development)
A meeting planner that allows Business PAs to organize meetings, send email requests to participants for available time options, and record responses. It includes a calendar feature. This was written in Ruby on Rails.
- Orthomind (Development)
Orthomind LLC is a large portal containing a lot of study materials, discussions, members, events and other content for orthopedic surgeons. It was built in Ruby on Rails for Nextbridge Pvt. Ltd. Vteams.
- Internal CRM (Development)
This is an internal system to handle company internal procedures for a high volume of clients. It is built using Ruby on Rails for Nextbridge Pvt. Ltd. Vteams.
- Military Benefits Reports (Development)
This is a survey system for the US Army allowing users to answer questions and receive rewards on the basis of their answers. It generates a Benefits Report to be sent to the user. I developed an engine for storing, searching, and ranking possible combinations of answers in an efficient way. This was developed in Ruby on Rails for Vival Technologies.
- Online Invoicing System (Development)
This is an in-house invoicing system designed to be flexible for the company's internal workflow. It was built in Ruby on Rails for Nextbridge Pvt. Ltd. Vteams.
- Call Center Management System (Development)
Created a call center frontend and backend, allowing the company to track vehicles efficiently using multiple devices on different servers. The backend was built using Java+Hibernate and the frontend was done in Flex.
- Custom eCommerce System (Development)
This is a non-traditional eCommerce system for hosting and managing eCommerce solutions. Users provide a domain, ftp account, and theme, and a ready to use eCommerce solution with full facilities is generated. All administration is done using a single frontend. It is written using PHP for Nextbridge Pvt. Ltd. Vteams.
- Building a Color-based Image Search Engine in Ruby (Publication)With modern image editing tools, we often take for granted the ability to extract or identify color on some part of any image. However, doing it programmatically is not exactly so straightforward. Camalian, a Ruby gem, changes that, making extracting and manipulating colors in an image as easy as possible. In this article, Toptal engineer Nazar Hussain provides some insight into how various color spaces work, introduces Camalian, and gives an overview of how to use it to build a color-based image search engine in Ruby.
- Nazar is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Nazar shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Yii, Sinatra, Zend Framework, Kohana, CodeIgniter, CakePHP
ToolsAmazon CloudFront CDN, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, RubyMine, AWS SES, Microsoft Visual Studio, Vim Text Editor
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, Scrum, Waterfall Development, Rapid Application Development
PlatformsAWS EC2, Linux, iOS, Android, MacOS
StorageElasticsearch, AWS S3, MongoDB, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Libraries/APIsGoogle Maps, Google Chart API, YouTube API, Facebook API, LinkedIn API
- B.S. degree in Computer Science2003 - 2007Virtual Unviersity of Pakistan - Pakistan
- B.A. degree in General Science2004 - 2005B.Z. Univeristy - Multan, Pakistan
- ICS degree in Computer Science2000 - 2002BISE - Multan, Pakistan