Nestor Yuri Sanchez Guadarrama
Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Software Developer
Nestor has a solid academic background in machine learning and industry experience as a software engineer and data scientist. He built a production-level Python package for power system adequacy modeling used by researchers at the Alan Turing Institute, a GCP-based end-to-end ML pipeline for generative deep learning models, and ML-based products to understand the impact of PR campaigns. Nestor enjoys staying up-to-date with the latest technologies in the data science and MLOps spaces.
Linux, Python, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), R
The most amazing...
...model I have worked on enabled a 4% throughput increase in a high-value production process.
- Led initiatives for tooling and code quality standards across the data science team.
- Pushed model performance above the threshold for shadow deployment at the factory floor for two different use cases.
- Quantified the potential return on investment (ROI) for machine learning (ML) use cases in predictive quality to obtain buy-in from fab managers.
- Maintained the back-end codebase and ETL pipelines continuously using Python and Bash.
- Implemented new features and optimized ETL pipelines.
- Created documentation for the legacy codebase and swapped out old or deprecated libraries.
Research Software Engineering Consultant
The Alan Turing Institue
- Produced a production-level Python package for power system adequacy modeling intended to be used by researchers on projects outside the scope of my Ph.D.
- Engaged with researchers to familiarize them with the package functionality.
- Collaborated on developing a decision support system for risk management and capacity procurement in the context of Great Britain's power system.
- Produced an analysis of near-term security of supply risks for the power grid under different future scenarios.
- Engaged with stakeholders and other academic consultants to understand their needs in terms of software and modeling.
- Produced a solid codebase and ensured a solid and reproducible analysis through good engineering practices.
ML Engineering Consultant
- Prototyped a new data service in the form of an ML-based student failure prediction pipeline.
- Engaged with the client and product teams frequently to incorporate their feedback into the project.
- Deployed on AWS as a RESTful API using Python's Falcon and a MongoDB back end.
- Quantified the impact of marketing campaigns using network models and NLP.
- Created ML models for demographic feature inference of Twitter users.
- Collaborated directly with clients to design ML-backed dashboards for real-time audience segmentation.
- Tested statistical hypotheses to better understand the customers.
- Produced the methodology for a weekly KPI forecast report intended for executive-level management.
- Assisted in improving the quality of credit scoring models.
Generative Models for Typefaceshttps://github.com/nestorSag/textfont-ai
Production-level Code for Power System Adequacy Modelinghttps://github.com/nestorSag/riskmodels
Bootstrapping a Kubernetes Cluster on EC2 from Scratchhttps://github.com/nestorSag/auto-k8-cluster
Python, R, SQL, Python 3, Bash, C, Scala
Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow
Data Science, Parallel Programming, CRISP-DM
RStudio, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Statistical Data Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Data Extraction, Research, Software Engineering, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Time Series Analysis, Forecasting, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), IT Project Management, Distributed Systems, Big Data, Big Data Architecture, Cloud Computing, Data Engineering
RStudio Shiny, Spark
Apache Beam, Ansible, Terraform, GNU Make, Amazon SageMaker
Ph.D. in Statistics
University of Edinburgh - Edinburgh, UK
Master's Degree in High Performance Computing
University of Edinburgh - Edinburgh, Scotland
Bachelor's Degree in Informatics and Applied Mathematics
Mexico Autonomous Institute of Technology - Mexico City, Mexico
Professional Data Engineer
Structuring Machine Learning Projects
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring