NG CHEE MENG
Verified Expert in Engineering
Chee Meng has 10+ years of experience working in the software industry. He has been a software developer, a team lead, and now a software architect while leading teams and creating 50+ games. He has managed production servers with minimal downtime and has set up best coding practices. Skilled in many technologies like Angular, React, Java Spring Boot, .NET Core, AWS, Kubernetes, microservices, and automated tests, Chee Meng will be a great addition to any team.
Windows, Git, Java, C#, Angular, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio, React
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a Java applet that shows real-time metrics from various sensors consolidated from different places. It has been running for 10+ years.
Senior Technical Architect
- Developed a proof of concept (POC) app with Angular for managing user access from scratch. It's used as a demo to the stakeholders and sped up the development process by 20% because it's as good as a fully functional app.
- Implemented a mechanism to rotate the private key used to sign a JSON Web Token to improve security in the microservices environment.
- Architected the shared infrastructure for the legacy software to allow it to achieve multitenancy on the cloud. It's estimated to save 60% of operational costs.
- Designed a sidecar service for the legacy software, allowing developers to use new technology and add features to the legacy software. It has sped up the development process by 30% because developers now benefit from updated software libraries.
- Conducted code review for the development team and set up the best practice for writing code. The best practice guide has sped up the development process by 20% because the developer can do a self-review before others.
- Improved the API performance by 30% by optimizing the hotspot method identified with Dynatrace.
IT Team Lead
Topgate Corporation Sdn Bhd
- Migrated an old API from PHP to C# .NET Core, improving the performance ten times.
- Built a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline to build and deploy our software, decreasing the deployment time from two hours to 15 minutes.
- Developed a wallet API to support games developed by a third-party vendor. It has a WebSocket version, five times faster than the HTTP version, to support real-time games.
- Built the load testing software with TypeScript, which also works as a sanity test for the game engine. Some code is shared with the real game client. It reduced production issues by 90% and sped up the development process by 40%.
- Developed a UI to design a game interface with Unity. It is exported to a custom format to be consumed by the Phaser.io game. It allows the stakeholders to see the outlook before implementing logic. It sped up the development process by 50%.
Nextsense Sdn Bhd
- Developed a real-time weather display app in HTML5 with a UI designer to allow the client to design the app's interface. The client can choose the widgets that are displayed on the app. It speeds up the development process by 50%.
- Created a Linux driver to allow Linux software to run on an embedded ARM board and interact with sensors via low-level IO like I2C. It enables the company to create a custom hardware board to talk to more variants of sensors.
- Built a back end that aggregated sensor data from a different weather station. It can be customized with an XML file to support the requirements of other clients.
- Created a POC to make the back-end support multitenancy and deploy it on the cloud.
- Developed a POC app to track ships with GPS. It has a map that shows the trace of the tracked ships. It generates alerts if the tracked ships go into a forbidden area.
Debug Automation Engineer
- Worked on C# WPF software that allows engineers to drag and drop predefined actions to construct a flow to debug the hardware. It has a UI similar to Visual Studio and enables engineers without software knowledge to create a debug flow.
- Developed a debug flow with National Instrument TestStand that can grab the console log and dump the electronic signals with an oscilloscope when the hardware fails to startup. It improved the efficiency of debugging by 50%.
- Developed a holiday tracking web app for the team in ASP.NET.
Techsense Solutions Sdn Bhd
- Developed C++ software that aggregates data from different inputs like sensors, TCP, and more and sends it to a central station. It can also perform calculations on the incoming data and allow the front end to view it in real-time.
- Worked on Java Applet that displays data in real-time. The developer customizes the UI by changing the configuration file. It provides many widgets like real-time running charts, level gauges, wind charts, and so on, mainly used for weather monitoring.
- Built POC on a property selling website in PHP. It allows users to search a property for specific locations and show the photos and details of the property.
JSON Viewer Chrome Extensionhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pokok-json-viewer/ckophogmplajjdapfhomdemkomjlnkpp
User Access Management UI
Realtime Weather Monitoring Web Application
1. Drag and drop widgets to build their dashboard
2. Configure the widget to show real-time data from the back end
It has many widgets like labels, vertical gauges, running line charts, and wind gauges. The UI gets the real-time data from the back end via WebSocket with a custom protocol that consists of CSV and JSON. The WebSocket also acts as a channel for the UI to send commands to the back end.
The game client is initially written in TypeScript and Phaser. I have created the first game client, and other developers extend on that.
GPS Tracking System (POC)
The system exposed an API for an external device to push the locations. We created a native Android app for that. The Android app will send the location to the system periodically.
Toptal React Accelerator
Angular, Spring Boot, .NET Core, ASP.NET, .NET, Entity Framework Core, .NET 4, .NET 5, Material UI, Ant Design, Bootstrap, Redux, ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS, ASP.NET Core, Next.js, Jest, Chrome, OSGi, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), OAuth 2, Laravel, Unity, Phaser.io, GWT, Express.js, Thymeleaf, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
React, REST APIs, Entity Framework, Leaflet, Chart.js, jQuery, Node.js, Web API, OpenAPI, RxJS, Google Maps, Liquibase, Apigee
Git, Apache Maven, Webpack, Auth0, Jenkins
REST, MVC Design, Agile, DevOps, Event-driven Architecture, Agile Software Development, Microservices
Docker, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web, Windows, Linux, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Android, iOS
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, JSON, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Hazelcast, Google Cloud, Oracle PL/SQL
Full-stack, Full-stack Development, APIs, API Integration, Front-end, Front-end Development, Architecture, Software Design, Legacy Code, Legacy Software, Integration, Back-end, Cloud, Web Development, RESTful Microservices, Single Sign-on (SSO), Maps, CSV Export, CSV Import, User Interface (UI), Distributed Architecture, Amazon RDS, Chrome Extensions, Leadership, Electronics, WebSockets
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Malaya - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Toptal React Accelerator Graduate
API Development on Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring