Verified Expert in Engineering
Boasting over a decade of experience in Silicon Valley, Nhan distinguishes himself as a leading engineer due to his rare combination of design acumen and technical prowess. His career journey is marked by the development of transformative products and services. Nhan is the founder of several successful tech startups, spanning innovative mobile applications to groundbreaking AI solutions.
Git, Web, Jira, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Vim Text Editor
The most amazing...
...thing was to engineer a 3D city planning tool for Neom city (KSA) to enable real-time zoning tests & assessments of population, traffic, & pollution with AI.
- Spearheaded the technological evolution at Nuclent, pioneering the development of our proprietary low-code workflow automation software, resulting in a 45% increase in productivity for our clients.
- Served as Nuclent's CTO and led a multidisciplinary team through an aggressive product development cycle, launching three major updates within a year while maintaining a steadfast commitment to quality and user experience.
- Implemented a robust, scalable infrastructure for Nuclent's SaaS offerings, enhancing system stability and uptime by 99.9% and increasing customer trust and satisfaction significantly.
- Orchestrated the design and deployment of a highly scalable microservices architecture at Nuclent, enhancing system resilience, facilitating seamless scalability, and enabling rapid feature rollouts.
UI/UX Engineer and Front-end Developer
- Helped design and build an internal tool for optimizing merchandise and global distribution.
- Defined a completely new experience digesting large amount of data with very advanced 3D charting, real-time infographic, and animation.
- Built a components library and interactive charting libraries using D3 and three.js (3D web library) that handles GB of data streaming.
Front-end Technical Lead
Hedge Fund Research
- Led the front-end team and helped develop the HFR database front-end application.
- Prototyped and designed the UI/UX of the front end, built the technical guidelines, and designed a system for the team to follow.
- Successfully launched the product that replaces the legacy system.
- Designed from the ground up a dynamic low-code, metadata-oriented application structure that allows easy implementation of new features with little or without any coding.
Lead Front-end Developer
U Group (formerly ByteCubed)
- Built a technology discovery and engagement platform for the US government.
- Created a cross platform mobile application with OCR capabilities.
BCG - GAMMA1
- Constructed an automation tool with a cutting-edge user interface, enabling real-time manipulation and control of data pipelines and data streams and revolutionizing data management.
- Steered a dynamic front-end team, employing Agile methodologies to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Teamed up with a designer from the renowned 'Westworld' series to craft a groundbreaking design aesthetic.
Lead Software Engineer
- Designed and built an end-to-end AI solution faster and easier than on any other platform.
- Developed multiple data visualization applications for various BCG clients around the world.
United Fitness Network
- Developed a back-end API with a React admin client handling video/image processing.
- Created a native iOS client serving videos, ads, and various workouts.
- Tracked fitness data through iOS HealthKit.
Full-stack Developer and Project Manager
- Designed and developed Coinpay, a cryptocurrency payment gateway using a PHP back end with a React-based web client.
- Built a cross-platform React Native Cryptocurrency wallet app.
- Created a Node.js-based cloud Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash wallet API with Hapi.js and BitcoinJS.
- Built a Node.js Blockchain explorer API on Hapi.js for back end and Angular 1 for the front end. The API efficiently pulls data in real time from a 1TB+ SQL database.
Lead Developer and UI/UX Designer
- Designed and developed Accent's new CRM and sales facilitation platform using React/Redux/Relay with Go/Relay back end.
- Created the visual interface builder with advanced drag-n-drop functionalities.
VP of Engineering
- Rewrote Android to serve as an augmented TV OS (called InAiR) supporting Real 3D TV (3D glasses).
- Wrote a graphic engine using C++/OpenGLES running on Android to serve the above purpose, completely rewriting Android Surface Flinger.
- Designed a full SDK on Java for developers to build apps on the TV OS.
- Successfully launched the product to market.
- Wrote a sound fingerprinting algorithm to detect the TV show, music, or movie being played through the OS.
- Designed and implemented a responsive user interface for web, tablet, and mobile.
- Built a crowdfunding platform from scratch using Yii framework.
Co-founder and CTO
- Developed a very scalable eCommerce platform, running at much lower memory/CPU than eCommerce solutions of the time.
- Built a RESTful API logistic and fulfillment service that links between warehouses, POS systems, and online sales.
- Created a WYSIWYG editor for the eCommerce platform to easily manage promotions, categories, and banners on the eCommerce platform.
- Built an automatic image compression engine to reduce the network cost of transferring large product images.
- Synced an algorithm allowing POS systems and warehouses to work in offline mode and then sync up between various stations whenever possible.
- Created POS software and logistics software on .NET.
Aikita is an all-in-one communication system for business. By combining a traditional virtual phone system with industry-leading artificial intelligence, we have created a never-before-seen communication solution with endless possibilities.
SQL, HTML, CSS, GraphQL, Python, Go, TypeScript
React Native, Tailwind CSS, Next.js, Yii, .NET
Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Git, Figma, Jira, Vim Text Editor
Agile Software Development, Scrum, DevOps
Web, iOS, Firebase, MacOS, Kubernetes, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MongoDB, RethinkDB, PostgreSQL
Software Development, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), OpenAI GPT-4 API
Engineer's Degree in Computer Science
University of Florida - Florida
Engineer's Degree in Computer Engineering
Higher Institute of Jose Antonio Echeverria - La Havana, Cuba