CTO and Lead Engineer2017 - 2019Deepblocks
Technologies: GIS, Mapbox, Firebase, Redux, React, TypeScript, Node.js
- Led engineering at this ambitious Singularity University-backed real-estate modeling and AI company.
- Architected and built out critical parts of the system at every level, from low-level modules to interface with cloud services, 3D map rendering logic, core business logic, and UI/UX component implementation and styling, identification, and mitigation of performance bottlenecks, among other contributions.
- Handled a scope that included programming, software architecture, technical strategy, tooling, deployment, hiring, project management, engineering guidelines and procedures, and technical documentation.
- Built a small team of extremely agile and versatile engineers dedicated to sound engineering practices.
Lead Engineer2016 - 2017Kinspire
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails 5
- Partnered on a startup, leading engineering for a platform serving immigrants to the US.
- Delivered a job-matching platform that matched users across six dimensions.
- Built and managed the promotional website.
Technical Editor2014 - 2016Toptal
Technologies: Google Docs, Skype
- Contributed to the technical editing team responsible for the Toptal Engineering Blog and other Toptal materials.
- Engaged the Toptal developer network to write and publish interesting, useful, and informative articles. This work includes brainstorming topics, providing reviews, feedback, and guidance of drafts, copy editing and formatting, coordinating custom illustrations, and finalizing and launching finished articles.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013PVPower
- Worked with a small team to build and launch a home solar power configuration and purchasing tool.
- Developed algorithms for efficient, on-the-fly generation of optimal solar component combinations.
- Consulted with Argonne National Labs scientists to write code for modeling annual insolation (cumulative incident sunlight) on a solar panel at different orientations and global coordinates.
- Compiled several meteorological data sets into a unified program knowledge base.
- Followed strict test-driven development techniques using RSpec and Cucumber to build a comprehensive test suite.
- Participated in complex design and architecture decisions on a daily basis.
Software Development Intern2010 - 2011Pathfinder Software
Technologies: Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Haml, CSS, HTML, RSpec, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Implemented finished design mockups in HTML/CSS, including slicing and coding.
- Learned the ins and outs of Ruby on Rails.
- Practiced state-of-the-art lean web development, including small teams, development sprints, test-driven development, and other agile development methods.
Software Tester2010 - 2010TZ, Inc.
Technologies: Networks, Embedded Systems
- Implemented scientific testing of control software for remotely-controlled storage locks.
- Encountered some common challenges of embedded systems, such as correctly sensing and controlling the physical state of large banks of electromechanical locks via software.