- Full-Stack DeveloperRocketMVP2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: Node.js, HTML, CSS, React, Angular, RoR, Cordova, Android, iOS
- Developed several cross-platform mobile apps using Cordova and Sencha on behalf of clients.
- Created scalable and efficient back-end REST APIs in node.js (Express/Restify). Data was consumed by both web and mobile apps.
- Designed and developed a prototype app and beta testing strategy that helped client determine their market fit and ultimately which direction to pivot.
- Helped an existing remote team meet a tight product launch deadline by rewriting the front and back-end architecture in node.js, CoffeeScript, and AngularJS.
- Helped a remote team identify and fix inconsistencies of the geofencing APIs used by their Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Computer Security Researcher and EngineerGemini Security Solutions2006 - 2012
Technologies: Nessus, Nmap, PKI, LDAP, SilkTest
- Performed security policy assessments of third-party software and hardware for Fortune 500 companies to identify gaps in compliance. Assisted internal teams to resolve areas of noncompliance.
- Wrote and maintained original application developer guides for client products and software application systems, focusing on Oracle and LDAP. The guides are still used by developers and contractors to create internal software tools.
- Spearheaded and developed a Standard Operating Procedure for issuing Certificate Revocation Lists within a PKI environment.
- Designed and programmed automated regression tests, and wrote coding guides for secure database communication.
- Contributed blog posts about security best practices on a regular basis. Blog posts helped raised the company profile, which contributed to new business leads.
- Full Stack Engineer, DevOps, AdministratorGreek9 Social Network2007 - 2011
Technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
- Built an original user interface from scratch with HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery.
- Planned and developed back-end architecture using a LAMP software stack.
- Created custom Model/View/Controller logic in PHP to increase development speed and efficiency.
- Maintained and administered an active community of 15,000 regular users with more than 500,000 monthly page views for over four years.
- Designed a web interface featuring a message forum, games, private messages, user profiles, and media uploads.
- Software EngineerIMake Software and Services2005 - 2005
Technologies: C, C++, Oracle
- Wrote a program to load-test Video-On-Demand Entitlement Servers by inserting ten million records concurrently.
- Coded a load-tester in around 1300 lines of C++ using Notepad, MSVC++, and the Oracle OCI APIs.
- Identified bottlenecks in the table management during early testing phases.
- Assisted in the maintenance and management of staging database servers.
- Developed a script for parsing raw IMDB data for use in populating a database with sample data.