WordPress Developer and Consultant2010 - PRESENTeSanctuary Sagl
- Built custom WordPress websites and plugins for clients all over the world.
- Specialized first in Photoshop (PSD) to WordPress website conversions and offered WordPress development and consulting services.
- Specialized in the Genesis framework for WordPress and wrote an email newsletter about Genesis, which reaches hundreds of subscribers every week.
- Extended and created plugins from scratch to achieve almost any desired functionality using WordPress as a platform.
- Advised clients regularly on making the best technology choices, including how and when to use WordPress, to meet their business goals.
Head of Online Development2008 - 2010ITP
Technologies: Escenic CMS, iOS, WordPress, PHP
- Oversaw the implementation and continual improvement of all web and mobile activities for the largest publishing group in the Middle East.
- Delivered 30+ websites with over 10 million page impressions a month and total annual turnover of several million US dollars.
- Delivered comprehensive mobile strategy, including two iPhone apps.
- Managed a team of over 25 web developers, designers, and production staff.
- Worked with multiple content management systems, including Escenic and WordPress.
Communications Manager2006 - 2008BAA
Technologies: Email Marketing, Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Worked in the communications department of the UK’s third busiest airport, frequently in the media spotlight for its extensive growth plans.
- Handled website and email messaging for Stansted Airport.
- Worked with colleagues across the airport, the BAA group, and external agencies to deliver multiple complex stakeholder projects to tight deadlines. Briefed and managed design agencies, printers, and others.
- Produced and edited a range of printed publications including planning proposals, consultation documents, and community newsletters.
- Launched a monthly email newsletter for Stansted’s business audience.
- Managed the communications department budget for website and email.
Web Developer2002 - 2006ACCA
Technologies: CSS, HTML
- Contributed to the digital infrastructure of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the world’s fastest growing accountancy body with 500,000 students and members worldwide.
- Split work between editorial, technical, and project-based roles on an award-winning website that reaches over 1,000,000 people every month.
- Managed key projects, including a re-launch of all ACCA’s national websites, introduction of site-wide statistics reports and analysis, and launch of a range of monthly e-newsletters to over 400,000 people.
- Selected, generated, and wrote articles, setting editorial agendas and producing content for both internet and intranet websites.
Freelance Editor2001 - 2001Tesco
- Produced content for the corporate intranet, which is read in stores and across the company.
Freelance Journalist2001 - 2001ITV Digital
- Worked on the sports section of their interactive TV platform, writing stories/features and supervising discussion forums.
Content Manager2000 - 2001Carlton Television
Technologies: Content Management Systems (CMS), HTML
- Managed and made daily updates to the Carlton.com homepage.
- Worked with the editorial team and ensured selection of the most compelling and timely content to maximize traffic across the website.
- Managed the Astrology channel, increasing page impressions/revenue. Developed interactive quizzes, SMS, and premium rate phone services. Assumed editorial responsibility for the ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?’ website.
Content Producer2000 - 2000Tiscali (World Online)
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Wrote, subbed, and researched news stories to tight deadlines for the UK arm of Pan-European ISP Tiscali (formerly known as World Online).
- Edited the sport and music channels of the website.
Freelance Journalist2000 - 2000BBC
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, HTML, Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Worked as a broadcast journalist, completing match reports, news stories, and features to tight deadlines for the popular BBC Sport website.