- Freelance iOS Developer2014 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Xcode
- Worked on numerous iOS projects.
- Software Architect2009 - 2012Newsphone SA
Technologies: .NET, C#, SQL, iOS SDK, iOS
- Parallelized the query engine of the most popular telephone directory service in Greece (a big call center), so that it could scale to multiple machines.
- Took part in the design and implementation of www.vrisko.gr, the most popular business search engine in Greece.
- Implemented the Vrisko iPhone app.
- Implemented the web services used by the Vrisko app (see above).
- Was the SVN server administrator.
- Was responsible for task automation using Unix tools.
- Was responsible for optimization of long running SQL queries.
- Developed a stress-test tool to determine system limits and performance characteristics (max. number of concurrent users, queries per second, average query time etc).
- Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2008Freelancer
Technologies: Microsoft .NET with C#, SQL, Sharepoint
- Worked on project for Eurobank SA using Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Worked on project for the Greek Government involving advanced customization of Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Consulted on software architecture issues.
- Senior Software Engineer2007 - 2007IDEAL S.A.
Technologies: Java, J2EE, JBOSS, Hibernate, Spring
- Worked on a big Java application (200.000 lines), i-Docs . i-Docs is used to print and archive billing statements by major companies in Greece.
- Developed an advanced querying interface.
- Worked on automating builds and setting-up continuous integration.
- Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2006Trasys Greece
Technologies: Microsoft .NET with C#, C++
- Responsible for rapid prototyping in C# for a European Commission project.
- Did code reviews with junior programmers.
- Developed an interoperability layer so that a C# application could use legacy components (written in C++) without pain.
- Senior Software Engineer2004 - 2006Innovis SA
Technologies: Microsoft .NET, C#, SQL
- Redesigned a legacy Workflow Engine application for the .NET platform, and took part in the implementation.
- Created my own ORM tool which did code generation for the DB layer (NHibernate was an infant in 2004).
- Trained junior programmers in object-oriented principles and C# best practices.
- Developed a stress-testing tool.
- Software Engineer2002 - 2003Mantis SA
Technologies: Microsoft .NET, VB.NET, SQL Server
- Took part in the implementation of the first commercial .NET application in Greece.
- Designed a DB access layer.
- Implemented graph theory algorithms.