Chief Technology Officer2014 - 2017FantasyAces
Technologies: MongoDB, Swift, Node.js, Amazon Aurora, Relational Database Services (RDS), Varnish, Memcached, AWS, Jenkins, Laravel, Sass, CSS, PHP
- Oversaw all technical matters at FantasyAces, a publicly traded company in the brand new Daily Fantasy Sports industry.
- Developed several new performance upgrades that put the website on a scalable track.
- Developed an iOS app with a local agency, managed several remote developers, and made strategic decisions.
- Handled regulatory requests and developed cost saving solutions that kept us in line with new legislation.
Sr. Manager, Web Development2014 - 2014Fox
Technologies: Sass, PHP, Jenkins, Akamai, Drupal
- Working under the Director of Technology, managed all development for the web properties under the umbrella of FOX Broadcast (www.fox.com).
- Helped architect the 2014 redesign (Drupal 7) and managed the development of sponsorship pages as well as other internal projects.
- While managing three separate development vendors, I still did hands on development (back and front-end).
Software Manager2012 - 2014BLITZ
- Worked as the sole Drupal developer at a large digital agency.
- Built www.aruba.com single-handedly.
- Worked on various high traffic / visibility brand websites such as www.dole.com, www.vizio.com, www.saintsrow.com, and www.fxnetworks.com.
- Launched the Saints Row IV community site upgrade.
- Gained a lot of experience using Zend Framework.
Technical Director2012 - 2012TheWrap
Technologies: Memcached, Varnish, Acquia, MySQL, HTML, CSS, PHP, Drupal
- Made all technical related decisions such as hosting, hiring contractors, integrating third party technologies, and leading any new projects. This work was done for an extremely high traffic website and in a high paced environment (over 1.6 million unique visitors per month).
- Operated as the key developer in all projects, providing support in a 24/7 news environment.
- Developed several new systems to simplify advertising and worked with Ad Ops to increase revenue.
Sr. Drupal Developer2010 - 2012Causecast
- Worked in a team that developed the Employee Engagement platform, as well as several other nonprofit based projects.
- Helped to both mentor junior developers and architect daily solutions to the platform we were building.
- Participated in various non-profit fundraisers and helped contribute to the Tycoon Drupal 7 module.
Web Engineer2009 - 2010Achieve Internet
- Worked on enterprise level Drupal development, including building several large / complex systems for high-end media outlets and corporations.
- Participated in local Drupal community.