Verified Expert in Engineering
Nick has over a decade of Drupal experience and has built some of the largest and most recognized Drupal websites such as Fox.com and AmericanIdol.com. With a very wide skillset, he fits in perfectly with any sized team, and in any role. He has worked with Acquia and developed several of the best practices the community uses today. With over 50 projects under his belt, he has the real-life experience needed to make applications successful.
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was the rankedpicks.com sorting algorithm.
Chief Technology Officer
- Oversaw all technical matters at FantasyAces, a publicly traded company in the brand new Daily Fantasy Sports industry.
- Developed several new performance upgrades that put the website on a scalable track.
- Developed an iOS app with a local agency, managed several remote developers, and made strategic decisions.
- Handled regulatory requests and developed cost saving solutions that kept us in line with new legislation.
Sr. Manager, Web Development
- Working under the Director of Technology, managed all development for the web properties under the umbrella of FOX Broadcast (www.fox.com).
- Helped architect the 2014 redesign (Drupal 7) and managed the development of sponsorship pages as well as other internal projects.
- While managing three separate development vendors, I still did hands on development (back and front-end).
- Worked as the sole Drupal developer at a large digital agency.
- Built www.aruba.com single-handedly.
- Worked on various high traffic / visibility brand websites such as www.dole.com, www.vizio.com, www.saintsrow.com, and www.fxnetworks.com.
- Launched the Saints Row IV community site upgrade.
- Gained a lot of experience using Zend Framework.
- Made all technical related decisions such as hosting, hiring contractors, integrating third party technologies, and leading any new projects. This work was done for an extremely high traffic website and in a high paced environment (over 1.6 million unique visitors per month).
- Operated as the key developer in all projects, providing support in a 24/7 news environment.
- Developed several new systems to simplify advertising and worked with Ad Ops to increase revenue.
Sr. Drupal Developer
- Worked in a team that developed the Employee Engagement platform, as well as several other nonprofit based projects.
- Helped to both mentor junior developers and architect daily solutions to the platform we were building.
- Participated in various non-profit fundraisers and helped contribute to the Tycoon Drupal 7 module.
- Worked on enterprise level Drupal development, including building several large / complex systems for high-end media outlets and corporations.
- Participated in local Drupal community.
Berkshire Innovation Center
Dole.com (Peel the Love)
Drupal Commerce, Zend Framework, Laravel
jQuery, Backbone.js, Drupal API, TensorFlow, SoundCloud API, Brightcove API, Node.js
Gulp, NGINX, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), NPM, Grunt, Subversion (SVN), Mailchimp, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Jenkins, Varnish, Vagrant, Git, OneSite
New Relic, Apache2, Acquia, Drupal 6, Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Memcached, Amazon Aurora, MongoDB
Ajax, RSync, Front-end Development, AdJuggler, Sitecore, Akamai, Relational Database Services (RDS)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of California, Riverside - Riverside, CA